Hi There Here's how you can get the most out of your home & garden social network: Go home

Staining your concrete patio to look like tile.

For the Garden 01.19.15
I was so pleased with the DIY project on our back patio! I stained the concrete to look like tile. We used painter's tape to create the look of grout lines, and we used a concrete stain from Lowe's to stain the concrete. For a step by step tutorial, just click on the link below.

http://www.beneathmyheart.net/2010/05/new-ti...

73 Comments | Add a Comment Displaying 17 of 73 comments | See Previous
  • Gregory Tim Johnson
    Great idea ,been wanting to do this an also i have seen someone do there drive way to an the out come was awesome ,great eye catcher to match your home....10 Stars....
  • Gregory Tim Johnson
    also below in related post ideas is something similar to the driveway,the concrete cobblestone path....Time comsuming but the outcome was great...
  • Linnya
    Linnya Dayton, OH
    Love Love Love the look I can not wait for it to warm up here in Ohio so I can do mine
  • Laura, Pet Scribbles
    Laura, Pet Scribbles Little Egg Harbor, NJ
    This is so beautiful! And what a great space to relax in, too! It was awesome meeting you at SNAP last week, enjoyed chatting at dinner on Weds night!
  • Anthea Wood Close
    Anthea Wood Close Bradenton, FL
    I love this and have been wondering what to do with the concrete square outside my side door thanks for the info, I shall try it.
  • Rebecca D
    Rebecca D Dearborn, MI
    Love it!
  • Connie Barber
    Connie Barber Sallis, MS
    we are waiting for our new patio to cure for 28 days. we are doing ours also. thanks for the tutorial. very good. love the tape. we were actually going to score ours. not now. thanks to you.
  • John
    John Alva, FL
    Just finished our patio after seeing yours.

• Pencie
    Pencie Dickinson, TX
    Brilliant! I also have been wanting to tile the patio, but oh - the expense. You not only gave me a wonderful way to improve our patio, but saved us hundreds!!! Thank you so much!
  • Tina Schuman
    Tina Schuman Ellabell, GA
    I just LOVE this.....it look so professional....excellent job
  • Stacey Stavrianoudakis
    Is there a lot of maintenance? What about water stains? Does it wear well in the sun?
  • Krys_George
    Krys_George Canada
    Is this slippery when wet??
    • J
      J Louisville, KY
      Krys_George Has anyone responded to your question? This (slippery when wet) is the only thing that would keep me from doing this to our patio.
  • Ronda Bolden
    Ronda Bolden Olathe, KS
    Beautiful... i will use this idea!!! Thanks!!!
  • Natalie McPherson
    Natalie McPherson Eddyville, KY
    Thank you for your easy instructions! I have a large concrete slab in the backyard where an old detached kitchen/storage building once stood. It's ugly! In a few weeks, it will be my awesome new patio!
  • Kara Spurlock
    Kara Spurlock Huntington, WV
    Love it!
Beneath My Heart

Posts You May Like

Continue browsing