Hometalk.com

2 hours ago

Staining your concrete patio to look like tile.

I was so pleased with the DIY project on our back patio! I stained the concrete to look like tile. We used painter's tape to create the look of grout lines, and we used a concrete stain from Lowe's to stain the concrete. For a step by step tutorial, just click on the link below.

http://www.beneathmyheart.net/2010/05/new-ti...

70 Comments Displaying 15 of 70 comments | See Previous
  • Donna B Saint Peters, MO
    I would like to try this for my front porch
  • Great idea ,been wanting to do this an also i have seen someone do there drive way to an the out come was awesome ,great eye catcher to match your home....10 Stars....
  • also below in related post ideas is something similar to the driveway,the concrete cobblestone path....Time comsuming but the outcome was great...
  • Linnya Dayton, OH
    Love Love Love the look I can not wait for it to warm up here in Ohio so I can do mine
  • Laura, Pet Scribbles Little Egg Harbor, NJ
    This is so beautiful! And what a great space to relax in, too! It was awesome meeting you at SNAP last week, enjoyed chatting at dinner on Weds night!
  • Anthea Wood Close Bradenton, FL
    I love this and have been wondering what to do with the concrete square outside my side door thanks for the info, I shall try it.
  • Rebecca D Dearborn, MI
    Love it!
  • Connie Barber Sallis, MS
    we are waiting for our new patio to cure for 28 days. we are doing ours also. thanks for the tutorial. very good. love the tape. we were actually going to score ours. not now. thanks to you.
  • John Alva, FL
    Just finished our patio after seeing yours.

• Pencie Dickinson, TX
    Brilliant! I also have been wanting to tile the patio, but oh - the expense. You not only gave me a wonderful way to improve our patio, but saved us hundreds!!! Thank you so much!
  • Tina Schuman Ellabell, GA
    I just LOVE this.....it look so professional....excellent job
  • Is there a lot of maintenance? What about water stains? Does it wear well in the sun?
  • Krys_George Canada
    Is this slippery when wet??
  • Dave M. Canton, GA
    Also looks great when you use Concrete Revive and use a stencil. www.gulfsynthetics.com