Old Door Privacy Screen

13 hours ago
I used old doors from our 1938 home to make this privacy screen for our backyard. I used to hinges to attach them to each other. I painted them and sealed them with Helmsman since it would be outside. For more pictures, and outside decor ideas visit my blog at www.notjustahousewife.net

To see more: http://www.notjustahousewife.net/outdoor-decor

• Pam
    Pam Alexandria, LA
    Brenda, then I would leave the glasses just the way they are. Mix then up when hindging them together. I think that would make a beautiful privacy screen.If they are not very wide since they are not regular door widths, You ay want to attach every 2
  • Mitzi G
    Mitzi G Commerce City, CO
    oh,i love this!! :):)
  • Brenda R
    Brenda R Salado, TX
    Okay, Pam D, if I ever get my husband started on them I will post a picture for sure.
  • Susan S
    Susan S Fredericksburg, VA
    @Pam - tell him the HT members said to get his _____ in gear!! We're waiting to see this!! LOL
  • Tracy K
    Tracy K Burton, MI
    Very tasteful! Nice job!
  • Vicki Magruder
    Vicki Magruder Humble, TX
    I would love to do this but don't find many old doors which are expensive if bought new. I may try to create a door panel by cutting plywood and put 1" x 4" on the edges. My plan would be to hinge them together to make a screen.
  • Suzanne Troll
    Suzanne Troll Zionsville, IN
    How creative. I love windows and doors.
  • JANET Z
    JANET Z Glendale, AZ
    The light clean pastels used for storage areas and dividers offer many additional used for the garden. I love the recycling and the attention to detail that breathes new life into otherwise headed for the trash heap doors, boards and paints The painted
  • Olivia Luck
    Olivia Luck Reno, NV
    I wonder if they can stand the high winds we get? Love the look
  • Horizon Shutters
    Horizon Shutters Overland Park, KS
    Excellent. I am sure this can also be done with window shutters. You may want to find a way to lift them off the grass so the bottom has a chance to dry.
  • Lisa Lornie
    Lisa Lornie Adrian, MI
    Thank You for sharing this. I recently replaced my front door and want to use the old door in the new outdoor shower we are putting in . My hubby thought it would look tacky. I cant wait to show him this!
  • Hertoolbelt
    Hertoolbelt Ogden, UT
    This is so cute.
  • Rebecca Darnell Wells Monter
    Sweet will do this one.
  • JoAnn
    JoAnn Green Valley, AZ
    I wish we could find doors like this in our area. I need to make a trip across the United States and pick up things along the way. I love the doors. I would like to do the same. I might have to use shutters instead.
  • Rebecca Shelor
    Rebecca Shelor Dunedin, FL
    The colors are great too!!!
Stacy @Not JUST A Housewife