Hometalk.com

Awesome Remodels 04.03.14

Old Door Privacy Screen

I used old doors from our 1938 home to make this privacy screen for our backyard. I used to hinges to attach them to each other. I painted them and sealed them with Helmsman since it would be outside. For more pictures, and outside decor ideas visit my blog at www.notjustahousewife.net

To see more: http://www.notjustahousewife.net/outdoor-decor

44 Comments Displaying 15 of 44 comments | See Previous
  • Classy Bands Plano, TX
    Awesome idea.....I LOVE IT!!!!! Great colors too!!!!
  • Maggie D Durham, NC
    I'm a huge fan of repurposing - this is great!
  • Dana R Ashtabula, OH
    how fun is that and so different
  • Brenda R Salado, TX
    Pam D, yes the side light doors are what he has. Some have stained glass, some have beveled glass with the TX star and all have some decorative glass in them. Very pretty and never used. Some still have the paper on them from the manufacturer.
  • Pam D Alexandria, LA
    Brenda, then I would leave the glasses just the way they are. Mix then up when hindging them together. I think that would make a beautiful privacy screen.If they are not very wide since they are not regular door widths, You ay want to attach every 2
  • Mitzi G Commerce City, CO
    oh,i love this!! :):)
  • Brenda R Salado, TX
    Okay, Pam D, if I ever get my husband started on them I will post a picture for sure.
  • Susan S Fredericksburg, VA
    @Pam - tell him the HT members said to get his _____ in gear!! We're waiting to see this!! LOL
  • Tracy K Burton, MI
    Very tasteful! Nice job!
  • Vicki Magruder Humble, TX
    I would love to do this but don't find many old doors which are expensive if bought new. I may try to create a door panel by cutting plywood and put 1" x 4" on the edges. My plan would be to hinge them together to make a screen.
  • Suzanne Troll Zionsville, IN
    How creative. I love windows and doors.
  • JANET Z Glendale, AZ
    The light clean pastels used for storage areas and dividers offer many additional used for the garden. I love the recycling and the attention to detail that breathes new life into otherwise headed for the trash heap doors, boards and paints The painted
  • Olivia Luck Reno, NV
    I wonder if they can stand the high winds we get? Love the look
  • Horizon Shutters Overland Park, KS
    Excellent. I am sure this can also be done with window shutters. You may want to find a way to lift them off the grass so the bottom has a chance to dry.
  • Lisa Lornie Adrian, MI
    Thank You for sharing this. I recently replaced my front door and want to use the old door in the new outdoor shower we are putting in . My hubby thought it would look tacky. I cant wait to show him this!