What Can You Do With a Smashed Rusty Tin Can?

New Feature

Now you can ask questions on every Hometalk post to get more insight and information about your favorite projects!
Don't throw it away! Make it into a rustic planter and fill it with succulent cuttings. I found this rusty treasure while hiking in the woods. I love all things rusty so there was no way I was going to leave it lying there. I knew I would find a purpose for it- and I did. The opening was very small so I filled it with a bit of soil and planted the tiny succulents and filled in with moss. I love unusual planters for my plants.
  • Irene G
    Irene G Oakdale, CA
    Me too Sandi. I just moved to Oakdale 2 weeks ago. Liking it so far. Any good shops for rusty vintage treasures?
  • Sandi Key
    Sandi Key Oakdale, CA
    I love rust! Thank you
  • Mary Justin
    Mary Justin Simi Valley, CA
    I had heard rust will kill a plant. Do you have any problems with succulents in these rusty old things? I have a lot, I mean a lot of rusty items I want to use as planters for my succulents but don't want to kill them...
  • Leida R
    Leida R Tampa, FL
    So pretty!
  • Peggy
    Peggy Punta Gorda, FL
    Who would have thought? Now that is a work of art!
  • JaNette Hodges Howard
    Great find love the ideal
  • Migraja
  • GeeJudy
    GeeJudy Denver, CO
    brilliant--I like the look
  • Anna Ibarra
    Anna Ibarra San Antonio, TX
    This is such a treasure find. Not all would even think of picking it up and see it's beauty. Love it.
Irene G

Search Feedback

{% slideIn.title() %}

{% slideIn.slide_post().cover_photo.alt %} {% slideIn.slide_post().media_count %}

{% slideIn.slide_post().summary %}

View Post