What Can You Do With a Smashed Rusty Tin Can? | Hometalk
22K views

What Can You Do With a Smashed Rusty Tin Can?

Gardening on May 13, 2016
22K views
Don't throw it away! Make it into a rustic planter and fill it with succulent cuttings. I found this rusty treasure while hiking in the woods. I love all things rusty so there was no way I was going to leave it lying there. I knew I would find a purpose for it- and I did. The opening was very small so I filled it with a bit of soil and planted the tiny succulents and filled in with moss. I love unusual planters for my plants.
  • what can you do with a smashed rusty tin can, flowers, gardening, repurposing upcycling, succulents

Do you have a question about this post?

Ask Here!
25 Comments | Add a Comment Displaying 6  of  25 | See Previous
  • Sandi Key
    Sandi Key Oakdale, CA

I love rust! Thank you

• Irene G
    Irene G Oakdale, CA

Me too Sandi. I just moved to Oakdale 2 weeks ago. Liking it so far. Any good shops for rusty vintage treasures?

• Renata
    Renata Hermiston, OR

So how long u think it would take a new can to rust so I can make one? Lol

• Mary Justin
      Mary Justin Simi Valley, CA

I lots do rusty cans and miscellaneous things. Live in Southern California so if you're ever this way....

• Angel
    Angel Hesperia, CA

I love it! Succulents make everything beautiful!

• Lulu
    Lulu Santa Fe, NM

My fingers are almost bleeding from looking at that rusty jagged lid. Bring out the tetanus shots...scary.

­