What Can You Do With a Smashed Rusty Tin Can?

Don't throw it away! Make it into a rustic planter and fill it with succulent cuttings. I found this rusty treasure while hiking in the woods. I love all things rusty so there was no way I was going to leave it lying there. I knew I would find a purpose for it- and I did. The opening was very small so I filled it with a bit of soil and planted the tiny succulents and filled in with moss. I love unusual planters for my plants.
  • Miriam I
    Miriam I New York, NY
    Amazing. You're a true artist!
  • Judy Johnson Wilson
    Judy Johnson Wilson Ferndale, MI
    Adorable. After being on this site and pintrest for a while, I have come to believe that ANYTHING can be used as a planter!
  • Brandi Hegerty
    Brandi Hegerty Maryville, TN
    This is really unique Irene! How interesting and creative. :-)
  • NANCY WHITKANACK
    Love that,,
  • Drought Smart Plants
    Irene G, we are so on the same page...looks great!
    • Bonnie
      Bonnie Pataskala, OH
      Irene G I have my garage so full of old peaces of Junk. But I see something pretty I can make out of it. I stay busy making yard art. I began to think I was off in the head until I got on here. Glad to know there are more of us out there !
  • Anna Ibarra
    Anna Ibarra San Antonio, TX
    This is such a treasure find. Not all would even think of picking it up and see it's beauty. Love it.
  • GeeJudy
    GeeJudy Denver, CO
    brilliant--I like the look
  • Migraja
    Adoreee!!!!
  • JaNette Hodges Howard
    Great find love the ideal
  • Peggy Modglin
    Peggy Modglin Punta Gorda, FL
    Who would have thought? Now that is a work of art!
  • Leida R
    Leida R Tampa, FL
    So pretty!
  • Mary Justin
    Mary Justin Simi Valley, CA
    I had heard rust will kill a plant. Do you have any problems with succulents in these rusty old things? I have a lot, I mean a lot of rusty items I want to use as planters for my succulents but don't want to kill them...
    • Peggy Schwenk
      Peggy Schwenk Grover Beach, CA
      Mary Justin I have heard that rust is good for plants. Adds iron to the soil. Especially good for hydrangeas. It is what makes them blue.
    • Mary Justin
      Mary Justin Simi Valley, CA
      Thank you Peggy! Good to know
Irene G