DIY Rain Chain | Hometalk
57K views

DIY Rain Chain

15 minutes ago
57K views
I love rain chains, and although they're traditionally made of copper, I made one from my favorite thing, terra cotta :) and it turned out ever-so-lovely! I found a home for it on the back deck where we can see it from the screen porch and from inside the house. Not only does it add a beautiful element on sunny days but it is a tranquil water feature when it rains. Detailed instructions on the blog~ xo

To see more: http://goo.gl/9WMOE

71 Comments | Add a Comment Displaying 6  of  71 | See Previous
  • Cathy W
    Cathy W Portland, OR

Lisa and Wendy, Rain runoff from the roof! This is a delightful solution for a downspout! Useful and artisticly appealing! AND Low Cost!

• Mb
    Mb Elverta, CA

I have seen them made from anything you can think of and they are marvelous! lots of people use rain barrels at the bottom to recycle water. great for us! drought! shmought!-started in the East, Asian, I believe, and I want to add bells for sparkle

• Joy Smith
    Joy Smith Inglewood, CA

I love the idea and especially adding rain barrels at the bottom to collect the water!

• Beverly
    Beverly Aurora, CO

Would love to do this with rain barrels also but where I live-against the law to collect rain

• Gabrielle Falk
      Gabrielle Falk Australia

Hi Beverley. It used to be illegal in Sydney (Australia) and elsewhere to collect rain water. The Water Board obviously worried that you wouldn't be using 'their' water. Most people ignored it especially in a long dry spell. Now when you build a

• Marilyn Robinson

Awesome so pretty!! Love it!

­