DIY Rain Chain

I love rain chains, and although they're traditionally made of copper, I made one from my favorite thing, terra cotta :) and it turned out ever-so-lovely! I found a home for it on the back deck where we can see it from the screen porch and from inside the house. Not only does it add a beautiful element on sunny days but it is a tranquil water feature when it rains. Detailed instructions on the blog~ xo

To see more: http://goo.gl/9WMOE

Do you have a question about this post?

Ask Here!

• Lisa Damoff
    Lisa Damoff Mobile, AL
    What is the purpose???
    • Jill Ron Pike
      Jill Ron Pike Payneville, KY
      Lisa Damoff It's a decorative downspout replacement option if you don't like the way your downspouts look. Rain chains can water a potted plant set on the ground below them, or act
  • Cathy W
    Cathy W Portland, OR
    Lisa and Wendy, Rain runoff from the roof! This is a delightful solution for a downspout! Useful and artisticly appealing! AND Low Cost!
  • Mb
    Mb Elverta, CA
    I have seen them made from anything you can think of and they are marvelous! lots of people use rain barrels at the bottom to recycle water. great for us! drought! shmought!-started in the East, Asian, I believe, and I want to add bells for sparkle and
  • Joy Smith
    Joy Smith Inglewood, CA
    I love the idea and especially adding rain barrels at the bottom to collect the water!
  • Beverly
    beverly Aurora, CO
    Would love to do this with rain barrels also but where I live-against the law to collect rain
All Things Heart and Home