Hometalk.com

Cool Projects 03.16.14

recycled brick

Brick, wood and pvc pipe pergola. Post set in concrete and brick mortared to post-pvc caps were drilled into 2x4's and with a great deal of patience and measuring, it worked.
19 Comments Displaying 15 of 19 comments | See Previous
  • Diana G Liberty, NC
    Yes, tiny spindles on the top is pvc
  • Really clever! What is inside the brick columns? Kudos for a job well done on this project. :-)
  • Kelly F Freeport, PA
    How did you connect the PVC pipe to the wood in the top spindle area?
  • Becky H Tampa, FL
    Okay Diana...........I think you'd best start from the beginning. Everyone else wants to know something different. I'd like to know how you anchored your pergola. This is very good looking, and we all want to know how to do it. Thanks!!
  • Diana G Liberty, NC
    post set in concrete and brick mortared to post-pvc caps were drilled into 2x4's and with a great deal of patience and measuring, it worked
  • Kelly F Freeport, PA
    I see- you use a 2 inch round drill bit to mortise into the board and then put the pvc tubes in. A great idea! And it looks great. :) Thanks for the information!
  • Jimmy S Brooks, GA
    Wow. So elegant, yet so inexpensive and seemingly something us inadequate DIYers can do. How tall are those 4X4?
  • Diana G Liberty, NC
    4x4's are 10' with 2' in the ground. Salvaged windows were later added to the sides for grapes and roses
  • Marg C Middletown, NY
    I am forever impressed with all of the creative people here on Hometalk. This is beautiful Diana!
  • Jeanette S Atlanta, GA
    Lots of work paid off...looks great!
  • Gale F Redford, NY
    Love this style. WTG!!
  • Diana - this is my dream pergola! Love the old windows too!
  • How do you find the "plans" to make this ???
  • TJ Andover, MN
    Gorgeous design & very creative. You make it sound so easy but we all want more info, please.
  • Catherine Smith Fredericksburg, VA
    Absolutely gorgeous.