Garlic Pepper Tea: A Natural Pesticide

Gardening 09.24.15
As a gardener, I occasionally have run-ins with insects, especially aphids. When this happens, I have a safe and natural way to dispatch these devils. Garlic Pepper Tea. Every summer I put together a batch of Garlic Pepper Tea and in no time at all insect infestations are gone.
  • A safe and easy way to get rid of garden pests.
  • Take 2 whole garlic bulbs
  • Plus two hot peppers. I've used jalapenos, but serrano or habanero work well.
  • Fill a blender a little over half way with water and blend until liquified.
  • Strain out solids and add enough water to make a gallon of Garlic Pepper Tea Concentrate.
  • To make a spray for killing garden pests, add 1/4 C. of Garlic Pepper Tea to 1 gallon of water. Spray on infested plants. Your garden will smell like salsa.

To see more:

• Jane Beckstead
    Jane Beckstead Port Orchard, WA
    Too true...I used my potion mostly on roses.
  • Linda
    Linda Sarasota, FL
    I know this is off the subject but, I have a mole tearing up my back yard leaving holes everywhere. Any suggestions on how to get rid of this little creep for good?
    • Kristin
      Kristin Bandon, OR
      Linda Do you have a dog or cat? My cousin told me this works and it does: carefully remove the soil pile, locate the hole+tunnel and... place pet feces down the hole/tunnel and
  • Shirley Jones
    Shirley Jones Ordway, CO
    Be careful with even the home-made insecticides. We have already have a problem with loss of Honey Bees which are very beneficial to your plants. May I suggest you use a hand spray bottle and just spray the plants that are not of great attraction to both
  • GreenHillTea
    GreenHillTea Brooklyn, NY
    Superb Post Very True and Informative @GreenHillTea
  • Rita Smith
    Rita Smith Quinlan, TX
    I need something that will work on roaches! I helped someone and they brought roaches to my house . Trying to get rid of them!
The Seasoned Homemaker

Search Feedback