Chicken Crate Coffee Table

Turn an old chicken crate into an outdoor patio coffee table: http://www.theironstonenest.com/2012/05/chi.... Just a little something unexpected on your patio this summer!!
  • Kelly F
    Kelly F Freeport, PA
    I have always wanted one of these. :)
  • Thistlewood
    Thistlewood Grand Rivers, KY
    Love this idea! We have plenty of chicken coops in Kentucky!
  • Eclectically Vintage - Kelly
    Now I want chickens just so I can make one of these! It's a real conversation piece.
  • Cynthia
    Cynthia Kimbolton, OH
    Hmmm....I have one of these. ( :
  • Eclectically Vintage - Kelly
    Laura - love this so much that I pinned it to Hometalk's DIY that Inspires board
  • Linda B
    Linda B Trumbull, CT
    I had a chance to buy one of these but it was on a town tag sale and someone else got it. Ohhh.... I so want one. :)
  • Barbara John
    Barbara John Westfield, NJ
    I have one of these I paid 10 bucks for at a flea market. I hung it from the ceiling with the bottom as the top and made a great pot rack out of it.. The door is able to open to store more things. I love it. Wish I could find a few more.
  • Bethany P
    Bethany P Saint Petersburg, FL
    I got a chicken crate just like that for Christmas & immediately thought "table"!
  • Barb Fay
    Barb Fay Decorah, IA
    Laura, I had one on my patio and everyone loved it. Now I am making one into a coffee table, but a little 'fancier'. I have a lot of seashells and rocks I want to display- so I am putting an old wooden framed window shadow box on top! Can't wait!
  • Cat Cee
    Cat Cee Dayton, OH
    I would not have a used chicken crate in the house or around children, even if it's been cleaned. Especially if you have an autoimmune family member or visitor. Chicken poop is notorious for Histoplasmosis. Even if you aren't in an area that could be
Laura