Chicken Crate Coffee Table

07.21.15
Turn an old chicken crate into an outdoor patio coffee table: http://www.theironstonenest.com/2012/05/chi.... Just a little something unexpected on your patio this summer!!
  • Barbara John
    Barbara John Westfield, NJ
    I have one of these I paid 10 bucks for at a flea market. I hung it from the ceiling with the bottom as the top and made a great pot rack out of it.. The door is able to open to store more things. I love it. Wish I could find a few more.
  • Bethany P
    Bethany P Saint Petersburg, FL
    I got a chicken crate just like that for Christmas & immediately thought "table"!
  • Barb Fay
    Barb Fay Decorah, IA
    Laura, I had one on my patio and everyone loved it. Now I am making one into a coffee table, but a little 'fancier'. I have a lot of seashells and rocks I want to display- so I am putting an old wooden framed window shadow box on top! Can't wait!
  • Cat Cee
    Cat Cee Dayton, OH
    I would not have a used chicken crate in the house or around children, even if it's been cleaned. Especially if you have an autoimmune family member or visitor. Chicken poop is notorious for Histoplasmosis. Even if you aren't in an area that could be
  • OhSally
    OhSally Lacey, WA
    I bought a turkey crate (just a bit taller than chicken crates) and used it as a coffee table for YEARS. I loved having the display space inside the crate and changed out the decor frequently. It was a lot of fun and definitely a conversation starter.
Laura