Hometalk.com

craft 04.16.14

Transform An Old Paperback Book Into A Decorative Pumpkin

I love books and have new and old ones displayed throughout my house. I also have a collection of old paperbacks that are not very good reads and they also have no visual appeal for display. These I hang on to for craft projects!

I especially like this diy pumpkin project where I can practically use the entire book. It's super easy too! In just a few short steps I can go from a blah book that is taking up space to a fun decorative pumpkin for Fall decor.

To see more: http://rustic-crafts.com/?p=8325

10 Comments Displaying 10 of 10 comments
  • Chris Fuller Lake Orion, MI
    Super cute and a wonderful idea!
  • Donna C North Charleston, SC
    Love this!! So creative!
  • Jason Destiny El Cerrito, CA
    My mom taught me how to make a christmas tree out of an old Reader's Digest. lol This brings back memories.
  • Jason Destiny I'm liking the idea of a Christmas tree! I'll have to try that one too!
  • Diana Susoy Santa Cruz, CA
    Going to have to do this to decorate my school library.
  • Diana Susoy Santa Cruz, CA
    Like the Christmas tree Idea also! Just got to find the old book that this librarian is willing to cut up. Thanks for the ideas.
  • Very cute! I remember seeing the Christmas tree made from books too, when I was young.
  • Wow! That's amazing!
  • Cathy Smith College Station, TX
    I love this idea! Great use for unwanted books!
  • Anjie Lucas Fort Mill, SC
    love this! I will be doing it for Thanksgiving:)