Crochet T-shirt Rug

craft ideas 7 days ago
With an array of XXL Men's t-shirts from the thrift shop and large size crochet hook, you can create a beautiful and functional addition to your home in the form of a heavy-duty spot rug. Best of all, crochet is easily portable, so grab the t-shirt yarn and work on this project on the road! #homecrafts
Time: 4 Days Cost: $15 Difficulty: Easy

To see more: http://www.1dogwoof.com/2012/08/crochet-rug-from-t-shirts.html

on This Post

• Marlene
    marlene Canada
    I made one of these out of my grandchildrens clothes they have outgrown, its great fun

especially when the kids remember wearing the

• Susan
    Susan Hurst, TX
    we did braided rugs when I was a kid in school for a school project for art, it was a lot of fun, I think braiding would be easier then crocheting but if you like crocheting then it would be a fun project. I can crochet simple things learning to do
  • Susanne
    Susanne Union, SC
    I bet you could do a rectangular rug any width you wanted and put t-shirt rag fringe on the ends! I love this idea to recycle.
  • Sue Sanders
    Sue Sanders Broken Arrow, OK
    My grandmother sewed her strips together and made a large ball by winding them together then she sat in her chair in the evening and croched with the ball on the floor as she made her rugs. To crochet rugs I have a very large needle. I like the crochet
  • Terrie
    Terrie Townville, SC
    A tutorial on including the steps to create this beautiful rug out of the t shirts would have been nice. Especially for a beginning crafter like me.
ChiWei