Crochet T-shirt Rug

Before & After 11.10.15

New Feature

Now you can ask questions on every Hometalk post to get more insight and information about your favorite projects!
With an array of XXL Men's t-shirts from the thrift shop and large size crochet hook, you can create a beautiful and functional addition to your home in the form of a heavy-duty spot rug. Best of all, crochet is easily portable, so grab the t-shirt yarn and work on this project on the road! #homecrafts
Time: 4 Days Cost: $15 Difficulty: Easy
  • 15 Mens' XXL t-shirts from Goodwill made up this rug. Look for undecorated t-shirts of similar weights.
  • Cut the t-shirts to create "yarn", and crochet it in the round to create a circle, tying each new color on as you go.

To see more:

• Jeannie Carle
    Jeannie Carle Parnell, MO
    WOULD also like to know the answer to Nikki's question :-)
  • Marlene
    marlene Canada
    I made one of these out of my grandchildrens clothes they have outgrown, its great fun

especially when the kids remember wearing the

• Susan
    Susan Hurst, TX
    we did braided rugs when I was a kid in school for a school project for art, it was a lot of fun, I think braiding would be easier then crocheting but if you like crocheting then it would be a fun project. I can crochet simple things learning to do
  • Susanne
    Susanne Union, SC
    I bet you could do a rectangular rug any width you wanted and put t-shirt rag fringe on the ends! I love this idea to recycle.
  • Sue Sanders
    Sue Sanders Broken Arrow, OK
    My grandmother sewed her strips together and made a large ball by winding them together then she sat in her chair in the evening and croched with the ball on the floor as she made her rugs. To crochet rugs I have a very large needle. I like the crochet

Search Feedback

{% slideIn.title() %}

{% slideIn.slide_post().cover_photo.alt %} {% slideIn.slide_post().media_count %}

{% slideIn.slide_post().summary %}

View Post