DIY Mason Jar Light!

Marie's Board 9 hours ago
When I finished our Screen Porch Makeover I thought I had plenty of light with the outdoor chandelier but I was wrong! I like to have my quiet time on the porch before the sun comes up and there just wasn't enough light to read. So I came up with the absolute easiest light in the world using everyone's favorite thing, Mason Jars! Adding some tiny white lights, twine wire, burlap ribbon and a great wall hook and in just minutes my comfy chair had the perfect light to read before daybreak!
I needed just a little more light on the screen porch and thought I'd try to do one with everyone's favorite thing: the Mason Jar!
Using grapevine twine wire, I made hangers for the widemouth jars (full tutorial on my blog).
I added back the twist tops without the lids to keep the wire in place.
I found this rustic swinging set of hooks from Hobby Lobby--they were perfect for hanging the light!
Adding a bit of burlap ribbon to a couple of the jars helped lengthen them, creating a cluster shape. The burlap also softens the look.
The Husband attached an adapter to our existing porch light, making the lights controllable from a switch--but you could easily use an extension cord. This makes a perfect light for my early morning quiet time reading.
~ xo

To see more: http://www.allthingsheartandhome.com/2013/07/diy-mason-jar-light/

on This Post

• Deborah Watson
    Deborah Watson Papillion, NE
    Pier1 has string lights called Glimmer Lights. They come in 5", 10', and 20'. They come in different colors, white, blue, red, green.
  • Debi White
    Debi White Newport, NC
    bet you have a good view also.
  • Dana Columbus
    Dana Columbus Thomaston, GA
    It looks like several strands of lights. My Mom just shipped me like 50 boxes of the 20 strands she found at an estate sale. Going to love making these.
  • Anita DePaul
    Love it and it looks like she used Christmas lights
  • Linda
    Linda Port Charlotte, FL
    Tomorrow your idea will be at my front door. THANKS
All Things Heart and Home