Hi There Here's how you can get the most out of your home & garden social network: Go home

Make a Pallet Fence that will cost you nothing

5 hours ago
Pallets can be found so many places for free. And you can make all kind of great things from them. We have made this from light weight pallets. Here goes: Drill some supporting pallet boards to the walls - like 2 or 3 on top of each other. Drill the first pallet you see on the left of the picture to the supporting boards. Drill the following pallets to the previous. Do the same on the opposite side. If you do not have a wall to fix it on, then find a log that you can put down in the ground to fix it to. On the pallet you will use for a gate place some strong hinges and a lock on the other side. For extra support put some boards or small logs in the front and/or back to keep it solid. Happy hunting and building
Time: 4 Hours Difficulty: Easy
50 Comments | Add a Comment Displaying 17 of 50 comments | See Previous
  • Siff S
    We also put down some planks as you can see on the right side of the dog - our ground is very hard so I guess thats why its not wobbly at all - in see sand I probably would support two pallets against each other like a trellis besides planks in the
  • Sheleen
    Sheleen Zimbabwe
    @S137 Brilliant this sounds so easy - I will give it a try and let you know - thank you
  • Catherine Smith
    Catherine Smith Fredericksburg, VA
    What a great idea! And one person's "trash" is another's "treasure". I love the natural look. I have an area I've been wanting to which I wanted to add more "privacy", this would fill the bill. And I could add climbing roses or vines of some type. Thanks
  • NancyJ
    NancyJ Alamogordo, NM
    I like it, especially lined with wire fence. We have problems with coyotes and heat here in the desert Southwest. This would be especially helpful to protect any fowl and I bet you could use it for a covered area for shade and air flow. Great Idea.
  • Shannon Maroney
    Shannon Maroney Glasford, IL
    i think this awesome, i am wanting to put a fence up and i like this alot, different and cost effective. thanks for sharing.
  • Anna Ibarra
    Anna Ibarra San Antonio, TX
    I love this so much, but my yard goes in a slope and not sure who to do this. But really would be such a neat idea.
  • KELLY TAYLOR
    KELLY TAYLOR Duffield, VA
    You can also use fencing 'T' posts to brace them vertically... just drive them into the ground as they go right thru the slats. You can also use a 'T' post for the 'hinges' - just put one T-post at the very end and, voila!...you have a hinge. I'm
  • Katie @ Addicted 2 DIY
    This looks awesome!
  • Jane Wasylyk
    wow i think i'm going to do that on my side yard.herein vegas so i dont have to look at neighbors junk in they side yard
  • Jane Wasylyk
    but fill in the holes with more wood
  • Danny.snyder57
    It looks alsome ! What a great idea!
  • Deb
    deb Olney, IL
    I've been thinking about doing something along these lines, but instead of using boards to hold it in place - using the standard farm fence posts that you drive into the ground and then bolting the pallet against it. They would be 'easy' to remove if you
  • Leverle O'Neal
    Leverle O'Neal Goodrich, TX
    I'm in Livingston TX does anyone know where I can get the pallets?
  • Babsbluedog
    I have a fence climber puppy maybe the wire over it is a good idea !
  • Frances Fennessy
    Frances Fennessy Belton, TX
    This really looks nice.
Siff S

Posts You May Like

Continue browsing