Make a Pallet Fence that will cost you nothing

29 minutes ago
Pallets can be found so many places for free. And you can make all kind of great things from them. We have made this from light weight pallets. Here goes: Drill some supporting pallet boards to the walls - like 2 or 3 on top of each other. Drill the first pallet you see on the left of the picture to the supporting boards. Drill the following pallets to the previous. Do the same on the opposite side. If you do not have a wall to fix it on, then find a log that you can put down in the ground to fix it to. On the pallet you will use for a gate place some strong hinges and a lock on the other side. For extra support put some boards or small logs in the front and/or back to keep it solid. Happy hunting and building
Time: 4 Hours Difficulty: Easy
  • Katie @ Addicted 2 DIY
    This looks awesome!
  • Jane Wasylyk
    Jane Wasylyk North Las Vegas, NV
    wow i think i'm going to do that on my side yard.herein vegas so i dont have to look at neighbors junk in they side yard
  • Jane Wasylyk
    Jane Wasylyk North Las Vegas, NV
    but fill in the holes with more wood
  • Danny.snyder57
    It looks alsome ! What a great idea!
  • Deb
    deb Olney, IL
    I've been thinking about doing something along these lines, but instead of using boards to hold it in place - using the standard farm fence posts that you drive into the ground and then bolting the pallet against it. They would be 'easy' to remove if you
  • Leverle O'Neal
    Leverle O'Neal Goodrich, TX
    I'm in Livingston TX does anyone know where I can get the pallets?
  • Babsbluedog
    I have a fence climber puppy maybe the wire over it is a good idea !
  • Frances Fennessy
    Frances Fennessy Belton, TX
    This really looks nice.
  • Elizabeth Sagarminaga
    Elizabeth Sagarminaga Mission Viejo, CA
    You have shared good information with all of us here. Thank you for the post. One can also create an outdoor movie theater in the garden and add a new exciting feature to your garden. For more information you can visit the link: http://bit.ly/1C4CDFh
  • Siff S
    Ty for the nice comment and suggestion, Elizabeth :)
  • Pam Shoesmith Probasco
    Nice! I'm trying to figure out how to keep raccoons out if I build this. It would just be a ladder for them LOL! Great job!
  • Peggy Nell
    Peggy Nell Colfax, WA
    I need a new gate this would b great.! Thanks for idea!!
  • Martha Diaz Rodriguez
    Martha Diaz Rodriguez Los Banos, CA
    How about if we were to staple liner on the inside between the pockets fill with soil and put plants the ones that over flow would be nice.
  • Sharyn
    Sharyn Dundalk, MD
    what a great idea, now to find someone to do it.
  • TonyPreston
    TonyPreston United Kingdom
    This is a really good alternative to picket fences which can be achieved at a very minimal cost. That is why it is always good to explore and have those creative juices flowing when it comes to refurbishment around the house. We can have a completely
Siff S