Hometalk.com

projects 03.05.14

Clean Your Tile Grout With This Simple Homemade Grout Cleaner

The grout in our bathroom wasn’t exceptionally clean when we moved in to our current apartment, and it hasn’t learned to magically clean itself over the past year either...So I did something about it! This simple grout cleaning recipe is extremely powerful, and it only requires two ingredients, both of which you probably already have at home! #CleaningTricks
Difficulty: Easy

To see more: http://practicallyfunctional.com/make-your-own-grout-cleaner/

88 Comments Displaying 15 of 88 comments | See Previous
  • Bella B Douglasville, GA
    If you use toothpaste, use the kind which whitens teeth. It will work better.
  • Marie E Bloomingdale, MI
    oxigenated powder
  • Helen Henderson, NV
    thanks, I will try it.
  • Helen Henderson, NV
    thanks, I will try that!
  • Helen Henderson, NV
    I have never heard of that, where do you find it?
  • Helen Henderson, NV
    Thanks Ruth!
  • Michele Bauer Ridley Park, PA
    can u use this if u have colored tiles?
    • Michele Bauer Yep! It won't hurt the tiles at all! But if you have colored grout you may want to test it on a small area first. The bleach could possibly bleach the colored grout, so just double check before you start.
  • Helen Henderson, NV
    thanks!
  • Helen Henderson, NV
    Thanks so much! I have gotten many great fixes!
  • Helen Henderson, NV
    Thanks!
  • Michele Bauer Ridley Park, PA
    thank u so much, i use oxy clean all the time on my clothes, an in my toilet tank, i heard it is supposed to help with the stains in ur tank an wen u flush (under the rim)
  • Cathy Cleaner Belmont, CA
    Great advice. Vinegar and baking soda never fails to work for me in removing grout.