Hometalk.com

46 Comments Displaying 15 of 46 comments | See Previous
  • Nancy Tiffin, OH
    How do I ensure that different varieties planted together won't cross pollinate? I have seen very interesting pins on pinterest showing the plants climbing a trellis and then the fruit hangs down as it grows. . I want to try it but I don't want some
    • Nancy From what I've read, cross-pollination does not affect the seeds that you plant the first year so you can grow different varieties together. Now, if you save seeds from the first year's
    • Catherine Smith Fredericksburg, VA
      Nancy what Jane said is correct, however if you have the space, just plant them well apart, on opposites sides of your yard if possible. That way you have a good chance to avoid
  • Elma Riedstra Mendon, MI
    Love the white pumpkins!! I will have to try next year. We already have orange ones. The kids are so excited!! Where did you buy the seeds for the white one??
  • Cookie sheldon Ashtabula, OH
    I never planted pumpkins. Would love to have some of your white ones. Do you think you could ship to me? HAHAHAHA! I wish
  • Debra Peters Mesa, AZ
    I had beautiful vines but didn't get a single pumpkin - same thing with pole beans - lots of vines, lots of blooms - not a single fruit!!! :-(
    • Debra Peters Tomatoes and peppers have single flowers instead of male and female flowers and the wind usually takes care of the pollination of those. I'm not sure about sunflowers, though.
  • Vivienne @ The V Spot Los Alamitos, CA
    I wish, wish, WISH we had space to do this!
  • Patricia W Eugene, OR
    WOW!!!! We grew the gigantic pumpkins this year, I would LOVE to do the white ones next season!
  • Jayme Bountiful, UT
    This is my second year of trying to grow white pumpkins...I'm able to get them like all my other veggies at the garden center (not lowes or HD). For some reason I just can get them to continue to grow or produce any pumpkins. Should I buy more than one
    • Jayme That may be a good idea to grow more than one plant. I have a few plants that have yet to form any fruit. So to assure some success, I would plant several. This is my first year growing white ones so I will know more next year!