• Amber
    Amber Duarte, CA
    what season are you supposed to plant white pumpkins?
    • Jane@Cottage at the Crossroads
      Amber We planted these about mid-July last year, but in some places, they would need to be planted a little earlier. We live in South Carolina.
  • Evelyn
    Evelyn Lovell, WY
    Though I planted 4 varieties, my pumpkins did not do well this year. We seem to have a shortage of bees. Cucumbers didn't produce much either. My small ornamental ones did fairly well but I only got about 13 pumpkins out of all of those plants, and no
    • Jane@Cottage at the Crossroads
      Evelyn Our cucumbers did not do well this year either. After we planted them, we had a light frost and some of the tiny plants got burned. After that, they got off to a slow start
  • Evelyn
    Evelyn Lovell, WY
    No, I bought and planted new white heirloom pumpkin seeds. I don't know what happened unless they just crossed in my garden with the other pumpkins.
  • Carol Knudson Westfall
    I am growing white pumpkins from the seeds of the one I got last year from the local pumpkin patch for Halloween. I have a few growing on the vine, but they are very yellow and not white! Is this normal?
  • Carol Knudson Westfall
    How interesting! I figured it might be something like that. I am growing the seeds from all three varieties of the pumpkins I got at the pumpkin patch last year. Just for fun. I'm happy with yellow ones if that's what they are going to be! :-)
Jane@Cottage at the Crossroads