Hometalk.com

good ideas 03.15.14

Living Room on a Budget...

Our new home is slowly going to take time to come together as we remodel and update it. The living room is my favorite part of the home and always the first room I try to put together. The paint is still undecided, two chairs still need to be bought and the fixtures still need to be updated but so far with budget shopping and my love for repurposing and upcycling it's coming along.

To see more: http://quirkycool.blogspot.com/2013/09/living-room-on-budgetpart-2.html

18 Comments Displaying 15 of 18 comments | See Previous
  • Alexandra Arena Forest Hills, NY
    Really bold and textural!
  • Pam Hayden, ID
    So cute! I love it!
  • Chris aka monkey Mount Pleasant, TN
    ok i have an opinion and you know what they say about them lol....the room is so vibrant and i think a pale yellow on the walls it will always look good with your sofa and rug and curtains plus all your yellow accents and i think the chairs with the
    • Kimberly Noelle Cheyenne, WY
      Chris aka monkey thank you so much! I was thinking on a soft yellow maybe or even a green. I'll probably always keep the upstairs within these realms of colors since my basement in bluish teals and pops of red and blacks.
  • Kimberly Noelle Cheyenne, WY
    Thanks for the comments everyone and the great ideas! I'm loving Hometalk and the fabulous people I'm meeting on here.
  • LOVE the curtains Kimberly! Just what I have been looking for for my dining room. Can you tell me, are they lined?? My windows are south facing and I really need lined drapes in that room.
    • Kimberly Never mind my question. I see they are not lined but, we are putting blinds up too so, they should be fine. I went ahead and ordered 3 pairs based on how much I love them in your
    • Kimberly Noelle Cheyenne, WY
      Kathe With An E (Kathe) That is awesome! I thought they were a great deal and seem to be good quality curtains for an awesome price.
  • Charlotte's Chair Jacksonville, TX
    Love your colors! You done a great job!!
  • Liz @ Aqua Elephant Kimberling City, MO
    The perfect combination of color, textures and patterns! The room looks comfort and inviting. I love the gossip bench and the coffee table. Lovely
  • I don't know what it is with me or everyone else but this looks like a twister went through it. If I walked into someones house and saw this I would thing they lived in a hot mess.
  • Kimberly Noelle Cheyenne, WY
    @Mcfe you have a right to an opinion. My room has a long way to go as we are remodeling so this is what I got while the house slowly gets put together. It's quirky, colorful, and full of texture and patterns and I understand it's not for everyone. : )