Coat Hanger Fall Rag Wreath

Fall / Holiday 05.19.16
When I got this amazing, old chippy door, I just had to dress it up for Fall. After walking around my house looking for something I could use to make a wreath, I came up empty handed. That's when I got the idea to use an old wire coat hanger, bend it into the shape of a circle, and make a rag wreath out of it! Talk about easy peasy!!!
Finished Coat Hanger Fall Rag Wreath
Bend coat hanger into a circle.
Cut fabric into strips about 5-6 inches long.
Tie pieces of fabric to the wire coat hanger. Be sure to push them together so they are tight.
Hang your wreath on a lovely old chippy door!

To see more: http://www.therusticpig.com/2013/09/25/coat-hanger-fall-rag-wreath/

Do you have a question about this post?

Ask Here!

• Robin D
    Robin D Enfield, CT
    looks great! I remember doing this in girl scouts in the late 70's early 80's instead of fabric we used white trash bags.:) they were very pretty with a red bow
  • Kay Kearly
    Kay Kearly Alpena, MI
    I made a scarf using this same technique. It's beautiful, and now can't wait to try some unusual material that I picked up, in a wreath.
  • Shirley M
    Shirley M East Meredith, NY
    We did something like this in kindergarten in 1970. But we used sandwich bags and then we spray painted them gold
  • Carol Harris
    Carol Harris Jonesboro, AR
    I love this
  • Lindi
    Lindi Canada
    I LOVE this wreath! I'm asking bloggers to share their "coat hanger" projects. I hope you will come share it at the Create with Me party. On now at Love Create Celebrate!
Claire @ The Rustic Pig