Plastic Spoon Christmas Trees

Spoon Xmas trees 1 hour ago

New Feature

Now you can ask questions on every Hometalk post to get more insight and information about your favorite projects!
Christmas is my favorite season and this is by far my favorite Christmas craft - Plastic Spoon Christmas trees. It takes only about 30 minutes to make and costs under $10, maybe less if you have spoons and paint left over from other projects! I bought a ton of plastic spoons from The Dollar Store and a paper mach tree cone from my local craft store. That, along with a hefty dose of hot glue, and a little spray paint, spoons have been transformed into a whimsical christmas display! For full tutorial, more pictures, and lots more DIY christmas tree ideas, visit the original post at
#crafts #plasticspoons #ChristmasTree #christmas #diy
Difficulty: Easy
Plastic Spoon Trees are a unique and pretty way to decorate on the cheap for the holidays!
First, I cut off the heads of about 100 plastic spoons.
Then, I spray painted the backs and fronts with brown, black, and gold for texture.
Finally, I hot glued them onto a paper mache tree form, starting at the bottom and working my way upward.

To see more:

Search Feedback

{% slideIn.title() %}

{% slideIn.slide_post().cover_photo.alt %} {% slideIn.slide_post().media_count %}

{% slideIn.slide_post().summary %}

View Post