97 Comments | Add a Comment Displaying 31 of 97 comments | See Previous
  • Tanja Raicic
    Exellent idea. Serbia..
  • Kelly S
    Kelly S Bremerton, WA
    I also have a Kirby but it's newer. Still heavy but it sure works.
  • KatieAnn
    KatieAnn Grand Rapids, MI
    Ok, this is off topic but since somebody brought up the dog issue I will chime in. My sis told me about Nature's Miracle Stain & Odor Remover. It is God's gift to pet owners. Takes out the smell the stain everything. Just spray it on, wait about 10 min.
  • Elaine McGee
    Elaine McGee Pelham, NC
    I have a Rainbow vac & you won't believe the dead skin that comes out of a mattress even when you use a cover on it!
  • Kala Professional Restoration services
    Wow must say an informative post, showcasing the ways to cleanse mattress but would like to know would there be any stain leftover after using baking soda to clean.
  • Teri
    Teri Greenup, IL
    is there any way to get a urine stain out of a mattress that has dried and been there for a while I bought new mattress and child was sick and stained it . Ive tried bleach water didn't work
    • KatieAnn
      KatieAnn Grand Rapids, MI
      Teri Try Nature's Miracle Stain & Odor Remover. It is God's gift to pet owners. Takes out the smell the stain everything. Just spray it on, wait about 10 min.You can buy this at pet stores.
    • Ashley@Biggerthanthethreeofus
      Teri Someone earlier recommended peroxide.
  • Teri
    Teri Greenup, IL
    thx
  • Annie
    Annie Sanford, NC
    Rubbing alcohol removes ink from clothes/carpets .. maybe it would remove a urine stain from a mattress , worth a try or maybe distilled vinegar would be worth trying as well ????
  • Wendy
    Yes it works and I've been doing it for years.
  • Kat
    Kat Batavia, NY
    hey if it works on my mattress I'll be a happy camper! I use it in the fridge, ,in laundry, as a cleanser, disposal.After kids throw up to clean up kids/ cats etc use bread crumbs to solidfy and mask odor makes clean up easy w/paper plate as dust pan
  • Greta Swanson
    Greta Swanson Palatine, IL
    In the summer I take one mattress outside a week and scrub both sides with dish soap and a scrubber, hose it down on both sides till all the soap is out on both sides. I keep flipping it until I do not see anymore suds. I leave it out in the sun and flip
  • RoseTyler
    RoseTyler Danielson, CT
    Peroxide removes all body fluids and normally the stains as well, it will not bleach any fabric, you can use it on blood, urine, and anything else left behind it will clean, disinfect and deodorize without the nasty fumes of bleach.
    • Zima
      Zima Brooksville, FL
      Do you let it sit before scrubbing the stain out?
    • RoseTyler
      RoseTyler Danielson, CT
      Nope it bubbles up and tossed in the wash
  • Kyn
    Kyn Manchester Township, NJ
    Neat idea. Probably even better as I'm coming off a severe flare up of lupus. Have spent too much time on bed rest. Would this idea work as well on furniture?
  • Patricia
    Patricia Oakland, CA
    My mother used to scrub both mattresses and bed pillows with a sponge and the suds from a bowl of Tide and hot water. But just the suds, so that they don't get really wet. Drying in the sunshine probably further disinfected, whitened and deodorized them.
  • Heidibee
    Excellent information. I will try this. Thank you.
Ashley@Biggerthanthethreeofus

Posts You May Like

Continue browsing