Hometalk.com

Hi There Here's how you can get the most out of your home & garden social network: Go home
Crafty things 6 days ago

Easy Recycled Storage for Your Rag Stash

Don't toss that big box your trash bags came in. Reuse it! It's so simple, but can clean up the area under your sink, or in your utility closet, in a snap.
#getorganized #ClosetTips
Time: 15 Minutes Cost: $5 Difficulty: Easy

To see more: http://becausehomeshouldbegreat.blogspot.com/2012/07/but-i-need-cute-place-to-store-my-rags.html

40 Comments Displaying 15 of 40 comments | See Previous
  • Starlett L
    Starlett L Franklin, NC
    Some people seem to view these wonderful posts just to make negative posts. I doubt seriously there is one house in the world who doesn't have something that a roach would like.
    This comment has been reported and is under admin review.
    This comment was hidden for violating Hometalk's guidelines.
  • Leida R
    Leida R Tampa, FL
    This might be a cockroach B&B to those of you who have no control in your households as far as these creatures is concern. ANYWAY, Anne Thompson , I do use other little cardboard
  • Lillian Garcia
    Lillian Garcia Longboat Key, FL
    Very inspirational idea. I just retrieved my Ball Jar box from the rubbish bin and intend to do the same. Fortunately, I have just enough contact paper to cover this clever project. Thanks!
  • Delene
    Delene Nyack, NY
    Great idea! Roach B&B? Come on, get real here! I agree with Teija Nelson.
  • Frankie Laney
    Frankie Laney Oceanside, CA
    I have used the large boxes from Costco that hold snack bars or cereal bars. I turned them on end, carefully cut a hole and painted with chalk paint. These are good to store the plastic bags. I made the hole large enough for my hand to go in so I could
  • Peg
    Peg Saint George, UT
    Good grief I guess I live in an area w/o roaches or roaches have taken over the world and I missed it. I really like this idea as now I just have them in a pile on a shelf in my laundry area and they do not look very nice. I think this is a neat idea to
  • Jacqueline Tuff
    Jacqueline Tuff Runnemede, NJ
    It's funny how even as adults some people have not learned the golden rule, if you don't have anything nice to say DONT SAY ANYTHING AT ALL. Cyber bullies, love to make negative comments and bash creative people who share wonderful projects with the rest
  • Bonnie Powers Stopa
    Bonnie Powers Stopa North Pole, AK
    I think the comments about roaches could have been handled differently. I have lived in California where roaches were rampant and in the NW and NE where roaches are not commonplace. I'm a very neat and clean person (spotless), and we still had to spray
  • Connie Bennett
    Connie Bennett Pilot Rock, OR
    I'm not sure that I would use the idea under my kitchen sink but it's a good suggestion. I did, however, like the idea of taking the dishwasher pacs out of the box and putting them into a lidded glass jar.
  • Tammy
    Tammy Belden, MS
    I have a basket in my utility room closet, but it always looks untidy! Can't wait to use this idea! Thanks!
  • Penny S
    Penny S Littleton, CO
    Love both the "rag box" & the idea for the soap packs - I've just kept my dishwasher packs in one of the larger tubs they come in & refill...but your idea is prettier! Thanks for the great ideas & ignore the negative talk!! :)
  • Jo
    Jo Wichita, KS
    I am going to make one for my rags. Thanks for the great idea.
  • Anna Ibarra
    Anna Ibarra San Antonio, TX
    I think this is such a cute idea, and I have done this for other reasons, from gift boxes to kids toys. This are a great idea, being prior military, your household is weighed & the less you take w/u the better, so I would chunk them and remade for next
  • Marianne Inman
    Marianne Inman Cleveland, GA
    I use the laundry soap packs, I love the idea of using the jar instead of the bag they come in!! Also am going to search for the right boxes to use for storage of items on my shelves. I also have an abundance of contact paper, LOL. As for the roach
  • HappyNanaSTLMO
    HappyNanaSTLMO Saint Louis, MO
    I am an avid collector and user of many different types of rags in the kitchen as well as the bathroom to help keep things neat and tidy and shiny. I keep my assortment of rags in bins under the sink, but I've been daydreaming for a very long time about
Anne Thompson