Hometalk.com

Hi There Here's how you can get the most out of your home & garden social network: Go home
Decor Ideas 05.18.14

Decorating on a Zero Budget

It's always tough to decorate after all the Christmas décor has come down, but I have come up with a simple plan to do just that without spending a cent. 1)Take all of your favorite things and set them in a central location like your dining room table. At this point, your Christmas decorations have been put away, but keep things that read winter, versus holiday, out along with any plants you may have purchased during that season. 2)Think about what's important to you at this moment. What kind of feel do you want for your home and what items absolutely need to be utilized? Remember, just because you own it doesn't mean it needs to be out. This is part of the fun of decorating...you can periodically switch things around. Also, take a moment to think about practicality. 3)Look at things in a new way. 4)Switch rugs from room to room, rearrange furniture or swap a piece from one part of you home to another, switch or mix and match pillows or art.

To see more: http://numberfiftythree.blogspot.com/2014/01/decorating-on-zero-budget.html

9 Comments Displaying 9 of 9 comments
  • Barb Rosen
    Barb Rosen Wilmington, DE
    Love them all, especially the cat "decoration", Angela! : )
    This comment has been reported and is under admin review.
    This comment was hidden for violating Hometalk's guidelines.
  • Cindy C
    Cindy C Emory, TX
    How interesting, Just sticks in a vase. I LOVE it! It does say winter and the ornament really sets it off.
  • Bobbi Perreault
    Bobbi Perreault Glencoe, MN
    I have a cat decoration almost exactly the same. Nice information, thank-you.
  • Heidi Colton
    Heidi Colton Enterprise, AL
    Love your ideas. Have to find some sticks! My constant companion is a dog so no problem with him jumping up and knocking down things. Thanks for sharing!
  • Liliana Wells
    Liliana Wells Jackson, GA
    When I want to move things about I have to think of whether or not my cats will want to play with them. Oh,the joys of having cats!
Angela @ Number Fifty-Three

Stay updated on all the latest home and garden trends! It's free & easy and takes just a sec!