Hometalk.com

25 Comments Displaying 16 of 25 comments | See Previous
  • Erline Roig Covington, LA
    It always softens my nail polish when I apply it to my hands. Makes sense that it would take it out of carpet, but I'll bet it does a number on the backing, especially if it is a rubber backed bathroom rug.
  • Cathy Germany
    has anyone else tried this trick & did it work?
  • Marsha Yonkers, NY
    I have to try this. I hope it takes out old stains. I had a bottle of red nail polish spill on a light beige carpet. I used Acetone but most of the stain is still there.
  • why are the colors different..
  • Great to know. I've thrown things out because of spilled nail polish
  • Laurie K Canada
    Where did you get that great looking rug??
  • Therese C Greenfield, IA
    Very impressive to find this out..I will use it. I have to wonder though....who was the person that first went into a panic so deep that they literally tried everything until the last thing left was bug spray?...LOL..I thank that panicked person.
  • Connie Saltarelli Fort Pierce, FL
    I think the oil in the bug spray is what did it. Was the nail polish dry or still wet?
  • GIADA S Lineboro Cpo, MD
    hey..great ..thank you so much..have thrown out 100's of dollars with of clothes due to nail polish...
  • Pam Tifton, GA
    wonderful to know Thanks Melissa ,anyone know how to remove ink marks?
  • Dianna Holmes Kalamazoo, MI
    Pam.....Hair spray for ink.
  • Darlene Edmond, OK
    Melissa @ Two It Yourself will the bug spray work on other stains?