Just How Well Do DIY Counter Tops Hold Up?

Counters 02.04.16
I get asked this question a lot. People like the idea of an inexpensive solution for new counter tops....but it's also kind of scary to venture outside the realm of regular store bought ones. Ten months after installing our wood counter tops I'm revisiting just how well they've held up for me.

To see more: http://blog.chapterthirtyseven.com/10-month-check-up/

Do you have a question about this post?

Ask Here!
  • Debbie Archambeault
    We bought the counter top kit and very well pleased about five years ago and still very good, takes the heat well. The only place we had an issue was the sink, make sure it is well sealed all way under and around the cutout. Follow directions to a
  • Bev
    Bev Leavenworth, KS
    I always apply poly with a small sponge roller... long clean strokes up and down, then from side to side; seamless!
  • Lisa House
    Lisa House Vickery, OH
    What brand of poly did you use? What I used left many, many brush marks no matter what I did
  • Darla
    Darla Montgomery Village, MD
    They really look good! I wonder if you could inset tiles near the stove for hot plates and pans. Don't usually like painting wood cabinets, but yours make the room look so much lighter and cleaner.
Abby Feistel