I need to bring this cedar chest back to life. Please help?
- Cover with gold contact paper to make it look like a brass trunk or could use silver paper to make it look like mirrored chest.. I did a old trunk with gold contact paper in my apt in NYC and put at end of brass bed and had many people looking and shopping for old trunks. Ebay has many mirror paper available!
- Sand it down and restain. After staining apply a good polyurethane sealer. If you are looking to make it more decorative you could apply trim or decorative molding before staining.
- It's a beautiful cedar chest that I think would be best just restored a little. I have purchased a product at Home Depot that restores the finish. Can't remember the name of it, but it worked great on some old kitchen cabinets. It's worth looking for.
- I have lightly sanded the inside of a cedar chest to renew the cedar smell. As far as the outside goes I would try Howard Restor-A-Finish. I've used it on several projects and am always happy with it. Simple to follow directions. I get mine at Menards
- I just refinished a cedar chest with Heirloom Traditions Walnut Gel Stain. It looks awesome! Plus it was easy. I sanded it a little because it had water stains or some kind of spots all over it then washed it with a Dawn/apple cider vinegar/water solution. This stain is a gel and does not drip so I was able to stand the chest on one end and apply the stain. It has polyurethane built in! You can get it at HeirloomTraditionsPaint.com. Use code DSD to get 10% off.#HeirloomTraditions #DSDecor
- I've been wanting to do this...https://www.instagram.com/p/BFAUQ-sMJpA/