DIY Glass Tile Accent Wall in Master Bathroom

Great Idea 10.09.15

New Feature

Now you can ask questions on every Hometalk post to get more insight and information about your favorite projects!
I installed a glass tile accent wall to my master bathroom in order to add different textures, add interest, and really make the room special. This was easy to do, but definitely time consuming (that's why I marked it as moderate difficulty). A step-by-step tutorial of how to install a similar wall in your home may be found in my blog link below!
Time: 2 Days Cost: $100 Difficulty: Moderate
  • This is a before and after shot of the wall. I believe the addition of the tile wall really makes the bathroom much more rich and luxurious.
  • Another shot of the completed accent wall.
  • The view from the garden tub.
  • I wanted to add some texture to this bathroom by combining these two pallet wood shelves and glass tile together.
  • A view of the pallet wood shelf among the tile.
  • A closeup of the glass tile itself. I found the tile on clearance at Lowe's for $3 a sheet.

To see more:

I shared your web site to all my friends on facebook!!!
  • Lisa
    Lisa Buckley, WA
    Nice!! Thank you so much for sharing!
  • Beth Sanfilippo
    Beth Sanfilippo Schiller Park, IL
    Gorgeous!!!! Come over do my bathroom..please!
  • Lisa
    Lisa Buckley, WA
    Looks great! I love the colors. How did you mount the shelves on the tiles?
    • Kirsten S
      Kirsten S Blacksburg, VA
      Lisa Thank you, Lisa! Those pallet shelves were already mounted, and I didn't want to take them down, so I decided to simply install the tile around the shelves instead. It was very easy to do!
  • Vicky
    Vicky Fernandina Beach, FL
    Hate it
    • Kathy Dickson Bell
      Kathy Dickson Bell Paducah, KY
      Vicky Maybe it will be a stretch for you, but really, there are better ways to say you're not a fan of the project...or better yet..don't say anything at all!
  • Judy Hall
    Judy Hall Mc Cook, NE
    what did you use around the tub to keep water from getting in behind the tiles and glass?

very nice job. a tin ceiling would be nice as

• Kirsten S
      Kirsten S Blacksburg, VA
      Judy Hall Thank you, Judy! I used caulk around the entire perimeter of the tile, along the walls and the tub area. I also sealed the tile wall with grout sealer approximately a
    Amazing!!! How do you put sheets up? Glue? How many sheets did you use? How did your shelf attach to the glass tiles? Glue?
    • Kirsten S
      Kirsten S Blacksburg, VA
      Kirsten S Kathleen, I forgot to mention that I used about 35 sheets of tile in order to cover the whole wall. I bought a few extra for slip-ups, too.
  • Kathleen
    Kathleen Chattanooga, TN
    Great job.
  • Sandi Maurer
    Sandi Maurer New Philadelphia, OH
    Beautiful!!! Glad you went with your heart !!
  • Jeanette S
    Jeanette S Atlanta, GA
    Great job! Love what you did...funny how this change made such a difference!
  • Sally Lauren
    Sally Lauren Chester, NJ
    looks good but makes an already small area look smaller
  • Karen M
    Karen M Mechanicsburg, PA
    You did a wonderful job on the tile work. Not only does it look great, but you have added value to your home. May I make one suggestion? The curtain swagged clear to the corner looks odd. Try mounting the rod over the window and to the right. Then when
  • Theresa
    Theresa Seattle, WA
    oh i love this, gives me a great idea.
  • Peggy
    Peggy Punta Gorda, FL
    Really love the accent wall. I have done something similar to both of my bathrooms!
  • Phyllis M
    Phyllis M Lake Charles, LA
    Beautiful!! And I am loving your ceiling color!!
    • Kirsten S
      Kirsten S Blacksburg, VA
      Phyllis M Thank you so much, Phyllis! I'm a huge fan of painting ceilings non-traditional colors!
Kirsten S

Search Feedback

{% slideIn.title() %}

{% slideIn.slide_post().cover_photo.alt %} {% slideIn.slide_post().media_count %}

{% slideIn.slide_post().summary %}

View Post