DIY Glass Tile Accent Wall in Master Bathroom

I installed a glass tile accent wall to my master bathroom in order to add different textures, add interest, and really make the room special. This was easy to do, but definitely time consuming (that's why I marked it as moderate difficulty). A step-by-step tutorial of how to install a similar wall in your home may be found in my blog link below!
Time: 2 Days Cost: $100 Difficulty: Moderate
  • This is a before and after shot of the wall. I believe the addition of the tile wall really makes the bathroom much more rich and luxurious.
  • Another shot of the completed accent wall.
  • The view from the garden tub.
  • I wanted to add some texture to this bathroom by combining these two pallet wood shelves and glass tile together.
  • A view of the pallet wood shelf among the tile.
  • A closeup of the glass tile itself. I found the tile on clearance at Lowe's for $3 a sheet.

To see more:

• Renee H
    Renee H Stone Mountain, GA
    LOVE LOVE LOVE this!!! You make it look SO easy! I'm so tempted to try it...
  • Melanie
    Melanie Waxahachie, TX
    I have a corner tub similar to this. I was wondering where you store items you use i/e shampoo? Thanks Melanie
    • Kirsten S
      Kirsten S Blacksburg, VA
      Melanie Thanks for asking! I don't use this tub all that often besides taking bubble baths on the occasion. I store everything for that in a basket on one of the floating shelves above the tub and it works great.
  • Angel
    Angel Hesperia, CA
    I just LOVE glass tile! You did a great job!
  • Paige Smith
    Paige Smith Provo, UT
    This is a really neat idea for an accent wall. I have not thought of using glass tiles as an accent wall. The natural browns against the aquamarine blues look amazing.
  • Kcurtis6343
    how did you get the shelves to stay up? or did you work around the shelves after putting them up?
Kirsten S

Search Feedback