Hometalk.com

06.23.11

Since joining HomeTalk, I have been asked several times...

"What are ways to add value to your home?"

So I thought I would share my feedback just in case it would be helpful to anyone else.

Here are some of my top ideas:

1. Curb appeal--you have 7-10 sec. to make a first impression-make it count. Lots of color in lanscaping--no yard ornaments

2. Hit the senses--smells good, looks good, sounds good

3. De-clutter as much as you can. You are moving--pack it up and get it out.

Did you know that the kitchen, master bath and storage can be your biggest money makers?

Hope it helps...looking forward to more questions

Terry

296 on Jun 21, 2011
9 Comments Displaying 9 of 9 comments
  • Exactly Terry. A good pressure wash helps a lot too! Nothing like a showing of "Pride in Ownership" to help sell a home. If it looks well maintained from the front, the impression will transfer to the interior. (A little tip: when I see the new shiny
  • Adding value to the home can be a tricky thing. A lot of value is in the eye of the beholder. Or in this case the future buyer.
  • James A Roswell, GA
    Nothing turns me off more than a cluttered lawn and around the outside of the home. It makes me wondered how well they have maintained the inside and major systems.
  • Terry Haas Charleston, SC
    Yes, value/beauty can be viewed in the eye of the beholder but...buyers will pay more and prices can be increased by added features, space, and certain finishes.
  • KMS Woodworks Nederland, CO
    Curb appeal is so true...I recently completed a ton of work on a house that was going up for sale I tried to convince the owner to do a bit more but he was very reluctant..on spending the money...He finally agreed to have me do some deck repairs...I told
  • SawHorse.net Atlanta, GA
    1. Curb Appeal. 2. Go Green- In GA green certified homes sell faster and for closer to their asking price.
  • Terry Haas Charleston, SC
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CQkbi94Oc5c&feature=share
  • Nice, but you do not tell people how to get it. What is the link?
  • Terry Haas Charleston, SC
    www.makeeverybuyerwantyourhouse.com