The Painted Fabric Chairs!

06.09.15
Yall, I am so excited to share this with you! These are my painted chairs! I painted the fabric on these and the wood and it was easy peasy! :) This is one of my favorite projects I have done lately! I would love to know what you think!
Time: 6 Hours Difficulty: Easy
Before & After!
Before & After!
Before - This is just so not me. :) I'm not into the flowery look at all!
Before - I didnt think this was to bad but I wanted them to match. So it got painted too!
This was what 1 coat of paint looked like. I sprayed the chair down with water to keep the paint from absorbing to much. I used 2 cups of latex paint, 2 cups of Textile Medium (Hobby Lobby - dont forget your coupon!) and 2 cups of water mixed together very well. I did 2 coats and then went to work on painting the wood.
This is after 2 coats of Primer (Zinsser Bulls Eye 123). Next up it's time for the paint!
Final product! I'm a very happy girl!
I added a coat of Minwax Polycrylic to seal it! What do you think?! I would love to hear your thoughts!

To see more: http://thewilsonfarm.blogspot.com/2014/04/the-painted-chairs-painting-over-fabric.html

• April Rodrigue
    Hi Heather, so I tried the 1 part paint, two parts medium and 1/2 water. It seemed to have made the material a bit less tacky. Now the problem I'm having is when I wipe the material on the chairs some of the colour is transferring to my cloth. I don't
  • April Rodrigue
    Yes I did try 1/1/1 and I was using a 2" Purdys paint brush.
  • Jessie Meadows
    Jessie Meadows Metter, GA
    Hi Heather exactly what kind of paint did you use. I am ordering mine from Lowes. I've got the Zinsser Bullseye 123 Interior Latex Primer in the cart to mix with the fabric medium and water for the first part of the project but I wanted to know what kind
  • Pip59
    Pip59 Daphne, AL
    They look fantastic - this is now my next project !! Thanks
  • BEV
    BEV Syosset, NY
    GREAT-i HAD SOME CHAIRS (12-16)I THAT WERE PERFECT EXCEPT FOR THE UPHOLSTERY COLOR I WONDER IF I THREW THEM OUT? IF NOT-NOTHING VENTURED! OFF TO THE ATTIC
Heather (The Wilson Farm)