Hometalk.com

Hi There Here's how you can get the most out of your home & garden social network: Go home
4th of July 06.27.14

Patriotic Denim Pocket Bunting

After cutting up some old jeans for another denim banner project, I knew I had to make something out of the best part of the pants – the pockets! This decorative bunting made from blue jean pockets is an easy way to show a little patriotic pride at your Fourth of July party or upcoming backyard BBQ! #FourthofJuly #Repurpose
My two favorite things about this project are that it's no-sew, and that these pockets can be filled with whatever you'd like! I used flowers and a flag for a decorative touch, but you could easily put this bunting to work at your next backyard BBQ and fill it with sunscreen and bug spray, treats for the kiddos, or even silverware and condiments!
I used a 4" star stencil to paint a star on each pocket using the same painted denim technique that I shared in my Patriotic Painted Denim Bunting post (click link at bottom for more info). I used white acrylic craft paint and a flat-bottomed foam stencil brush and blotted the paint onto the denim in straight up and down motions.
Lastly, I clipped each pocket to a strand of ribbon using miniature clothespins and filled them with flowers and an American flag.
No sewing required - just cut, paint, and clip!

To see more: http://wp.me/p3iH0o-1pn

All Things G&D

Stay updated on all the latest home and garden trends! It's free & easy and takes just a sec!