Patriotic Painted Glass Bottles

07.04.15
These patriotic painted glass bottles are an easy, low-cost way to add some red, white, and blue to your Fourth of July table! Made from old juice and tea jars, all you need are a few supplies and a few minutes of your time. #FourthofJuly
To start, wash out the jars you plan to repurpose, and remove labels and any residual stickiness. (Did you know? Peanut butter removes the stickiness left behind after removing labels!)
Place jar over a long dowel, rod, or stick, and spray paint using light coats that begin and end beyond the bottle. I used Krylon ColorMaster and Krylon Indoor/Outdoor spray paints for my glass jars and they worked great. I found after my first attempt that the trick is to do the sneak attack. Don't begin spray painting with the nozzle pointed directly at the bottle. Instead, start spraying like you're spraying to the left or right of the bottle and then spray the bottle, going all the way and across and beyond it with each swipe of your spray paint.
To dry, I transferred my bottles to a shorter stick (long lollipop sticks work great for this) and stuck the bottles upright, poked into a foam rectangle. I let them dry overnight before I decorated them.
Once the bottles were dry, I used double-stick tape to adorn them with patriotic ribbon. Not only is this a quick and easy embellishment, it can also be removed without damaging your pretty painted jars (just make sure you secure both sides of tape to ribbon - not glass) so you can reuse the jars for other events in the future.
DIY 4th of July vase made from a glass tea jar.

To see more: http://www.allthingsgd.com

• Betty819
    Betty819 Silver Spring, MD
    I'll have to remember this come 4th. of July..Cute idea. Did you used spray paint on the bottles? One can buy a pack of wood or bamboo sticks in the gardening section but I don't know if they will be strong enough to hold..I'd price some wood dowels too
  • Suzie hometalk
    suzie hometalk Mineral Ridge, OH
    cute idea for any holiday!!
  • Teri Mixell
    Teri Mixell Marysville, WA
    Perfect for left over wine bottles!
  • Melissa Curtis
    Melissa Curtis Gardiner, NY
    love this!
  • Lynn Fugill
    Lynn Fugill Trenton, NJ
    Love it! Going to try next year!
All Things G&D