Hi There Here's how you can get the most out of your home & garden social network: Go home

Pottery Barn Inspired #Patriotic Burlap Stars

DIY 12.04.14
I loved some folded burlap stars I saw on the Pottery Barn website. But at $30/each I knew I had to make my own version.
Using burlap, hot glue and a spray starch I was able to get the EXACT look for a fraction of the cost.
I actually ended up making more than a half dozen of them.. I can't get enough.
Fan style folded flowers/stars made from burlap, spray starch and hot glue.
Cut burlap into strips (However wide you want the star to be, the burlap should be half as wide and 4x as long.. or a length to width ratio of 1:8)
Here is what the finished strip looked like for one of mine.
Fold and iron your strip of burlap back and forth (like you would make a paper fan) spraying with spray starch as you go)
Using hot glue attach the ends together along the fold line
Make sure you use a big blob of glue in the center in order to maintain the flower/star shape
You can add a small disc of burlap to cover the center if the unfinished edges look too rough
And there you have it.. a bunch of burlap "flowers" or (as Pottery Barn calls them) Stars!

To see more: http://www.thekimsixfix.com/2014/06/patriotic-burlap-stars-pottery-barn.html

19 Comments | Add a Comment Displaying 16 of 19 comments
  • Mindi @ MyLove2Create.com
    These are adorable!! I love them!
  • Tlynn
    Tlynn Alexander, AR
    I love these they are so cute!
  • Hertoolbelt
    Hertoolbelt Ogden, UT
    So cute
  • Becky Smith
    Becky Smith Fowlerville, MI
    Way cute! Thanks for the tip!
  • Pat D
    Pat D Arlington, TX
    Nailed it!
  • Carolynm
    carolynm Winchester, VA
    Did the burlap come with the stripe and stars on it or did you paint them on? If so what brand/type of paint did you use?
  • Sheryl McCloud
    Sheryl McCloud Durham, NC
    Beautiful. You can see in the second pic where she showed the patterns she used to paint the burlap patterns. Love it.
  • Debra Anderson
    Debra Anderson Sand Springs, OK
    Love these! I have a bunch of coffee bean burlap bags that I needed crafting ideas for. I like this idea! Thanks!
  • Debbie M
    Debbie M Hazleton, PA
    They're not flowers, they're fireworks! Great idea!
  • Judi
    Judi Tampa, FL
    Well.......... its ok.......... But it crossed my mind......... Perhaps you could be more creative and use these "stars?" to write the phrase...... "GOD BLESS AMERICA !!"
  • Judi
    Judi Tampa, FL
    If anyone tries it .... i d love to see it !!!! LOL
  • Sandy Dearinger Waters
    Sandy Dearinger Waters Cedar Park, TX
    very cool idea
  • Helen Rex
    Helen Rex Allegan, MI
    Great for the 4th, putting these on my "to do" list. Thanks.
  • Colleen
    Colleen Fargo, ND
    This is a great idea!!! It's so simple I think even I can do this!!
TheKimSixFix

Posts You May Like

Continue browsing