Hometalk.com

18 Comments Displaying 15 of 18 comments | See Previous
  • KMS Woodworks Nederland, CO
    The plastic will work for a short time....eventually you will need to replace it. When that time comes, upgrading to some polycarbonate panels will provide some more strength to the house and some insulation.
  • Jyn Portland, OR
    Oregon weather is just mostly wet. It maybe snows for a week on a heavy winter year, but for the most part the thick plastic is what it is (for us) given the fact we dont want it permanent.
  • KMS Woodworks Nederland, CO
    When I had my greenhouse the plastic would degrade from exposure to the sun's UV light...this would weaken it and the wind would cause it to tear. I could only get one season out of the plastic....and at $60 bucks a roll there would have been some long
  • Marg C Middletown, NY
    I wonder if you could use the poly panels by hanging them on hooks and securing them with a clasp at the bottom (or something like that) to make it portable and easily disassembled. You could work something out like that. I love it, and your hubby did
  • Sherrie S Debary, FL
    I just want a little greenhouse in Florida for orchids. Everything I looked at on the internet was not what I wanted. Your posting is so inspiring I think we can do it.
  • Marie Mealy Warren, OH
    wer do a lot of what they call here is junking wood is my favorite thing when we find it we will ask and many times they just put on curbs and u are allowed to pick it up but if we get from a business we always ask first we also dont leave a mess behind
  • LInda Pemberton Pflugerville, TX
    There are a lot of projects using pallets. Hmmm. You can get those free off Craigslist. It would at least creat the flooring......
    • LInda Pemberton Pflugerville, TX
      LInda Pemberton The Pembertons I'm related to (married in and divorced out...) are from the Iowa/Missouri area. There Is an area in Austin called Pemberton Heights. Beautiful neighborhood
  • Marie Mealy Warren, OH
    thank u its just right
  • Iinda Pemberton hi where r u from? I have Kin with the same last name.
  • Vanita F Hallsville, TX
    what did U use for heating and what climate do U live in?
  • Nice!!! Heads up the plastic you use will dry out with weather very fast so I would do a second and third rapping, and the bulb will get very hot it self and not enough heat Home Depot or Walmart will have some small heater.... I love your husband
  • Kathryn Botard Sheridan, TX
    What size wood did you use for framing? I really love this, looks easy to make and would be just what I need for Texas winters.
  • Truly both of you are doing an exceptional job towards betterment of our environment by building green house & saving crops from excess rainfall or heat. Hats off to your initiative towards saving our future generation from devastation.
  • Jon Guthrie Lawrenceburg, TN
    HI, do you have any printed plans from the greenhouse project that might help me? Love it!!