DIY No-Sew Table Cloth Bed Canopy Tutorial

Craft 12 hours ago
I knew I wanted a canopy above my bed but the store bought ones looked cheap. So I can up with the idea to use a beautiful expensive looking table cloth that sparkles! The secret part is, it was very inexpensive!
Time: 30 Minutes Cost: $45.00 Difficulty: Easy
High end style without the price tag!
Grab your supplies! You'll also need a ladder. . I did not have to move my bed! Just place the ladder on each side of the bed. Also, I found the subtle sparkle table cloths at HomeGoods and the 2 curtain rods at Marshalls. Chandelier Swag hooks can be found in any hardware section or store.
When hot gluing, make sure they completely dry and wait until the glue strips are sturdy so you can hang them. If you are impatient, they won't be durable enough to hold the weight on the curtain rod.
You will have to play with this until you achieve the desired swag. Pull as low as you would like. You also need to make sure the swag is even all across or it won't look as good!

To see more: http://www.vintageromancestyle.com/2014/07/diy-no-sew-table-cloth-bed-canopy.html

Do you have a question about this post?

Ask Here!

• Kristina
    Kristina Waukegan, IL
    smatsang It looks like she added them side by side. You can see the seam on one of the pictures above.
  • Lori
    Lori Mesa, AZ
    I would glue or sew tabs for the 2nd rod so that the swag would stay even and not slip. I would think any drapery fabric would work for this. Super cute.
  • Katie
    Katie Brentwood, TN
    this is very beautiful! Thanks for sharing!
  • Shweta Sharma
    Shweta Sharma New York, NY
    This is really gorgeous Teryn Yancey . The way you created this canopy from the table cloth is amazing. Thank you for sharing this fabulous project!
  • Chris Gulden
    Chris Gulden Antioch, CA
    Pretty sure she used tablecloths because they're cheaper than drapes and come in lengths longer than the standard 84".
Teryn Yancey