Dramatic Master Bedroom Makeover

Bedrooms 03.03.16
After making the decision to upgrade to a king size bed, I gave our master bedroom a dramatic makeover. Some of the steps were: New paint; building a bed; painting existing furniture; creating custom pendant l new bedding and rug. We also purchased a SavvyRest DIY Latex Mattress. For more information on all the transformations and our new mattress, click on the link to my blog post at the end of this post.
Time: 1 Month Cost: $500 Difficulty: Moderate
A dramatic master bedroom makeover. View more photos from the transformation below!
The master bedroom BEFORE. *See if you can spot where I used the wrought iron oak leaves in the new bedroom!* We liked our bedroom, but a new king sized mattress facilitated a change of layout. In true "if you give a mouse a cookie" fashion, I made a lot of changes and saved a lot of money by giving existing furniture a facelift. I did purchase new bedding, a rug and one lamp.
Master Bedroom reveal
I built the bed with loads of storage underneath.
Master Bedroom reveal showing ombré wall paint technique.
New rug covers up a multitude of old carpet imperfections.
My DIY button pendant light is one of my favorite elements in the room.
A pendant light leaves more room on the bedside vanity for fresh roses from the garden
The knotty pine bedside dresser received a makeover with new feet and paint.
A peek at the inside layers of our Savvy Rest DIY Latex mattress.
To construct the Savvy Rest mattress, zip your personalized comfort latex foam layers inside the cotton/wool mattress case.
Our Savvy Rest latex mattress should last us several decades. It won't break down like traditional foam and coil mattresses. And no chemicals or off gassing like a memory foam mattress!
Knotty pine dresser got a beautiful face lift with new knobs and paint.
Hang personal travel photos for meaningful art.
Close up view of the new king size bed I built.

To see more: http://www.prettyhandygirl.com/master-bedroom-reveal/

Brittany aka Pretty Handy Girl