Hostas in Florida

07.26.14
These plants have never turned out good for me but my local nursery people said these hostas are for Florida. Oh, notice the white flower? I hope I will be able to post 3 beautiful hosta plants in a few months.
  • Sherrie S
    Sherrie S Debary, FL
    Sandy Pudoff I found your post most interesting. I was glad I found one Hosta that survives in Florida. How long did it take your Hosta to become so large.
    • Sandy Pudoff
      Sandy Pudoff Orange Park, FL
      Sherrie S I'm a regular chip head! Here's your photos, sorry I have long lost the correct first name
  • Sherrie S
    Sherrie S Debary, FL
    Douglas Hunt Those plants have been here for years. They die back in winter & come back prettier than ever. I do know they like shade and bugs don't bother them
  • Sherrie S
    Sherrie S Debary, FL
    Sandy Pudoff do any of your hostas get flowers? I like the Walmart plant the best. I'm also looking at sum & substance. Thank you for your post.
    • Sherrie S
      Sherrie S Debary, FL
      Sandy I will go to my local Walmart and buy one if they have it. Thank you very much for your post.
  • Nancy Hetrick
    Nancy Hetrick Norwalk, OH
    I live in Ohio and all of my hostas have blue flowers. Is there any specific reason to let them bloom? I think they make the hosta look kind of leggy, so I cut them off at the bottom of the stem. Should I let them grow or is it ok to cut them back?
      Douglas Hunt New Smyrna Beach, FL
      Nancy Hetrick Removing the flowers will have no effect on the health of your hostas. If you don't like the flowers, cut them off.
  • Sherrie S
    Sherrie S Debary, FL
    Sandy Pudoff I am just learning about these plants and I only have three little ones. I watch them because I won't repeat a mistake. Seems I'm winning this time with my little ones. I'm going to check out a few of your suggestions & thank you.
Sherrie S