Garden Decor

vintage outdoor 2 days ago

New Feature

Now you can ask questions on every Hometalk post to get more insight and information about your favorite projects!
Well, I just about have everything I need for my french door green house. The French doors are at my friends house the 2 paneled doors are waiting across the street. I had two loads of cedar donated to my cause along with an old garden gate frame. I was given 3 pallets and now I am just waiting for a few sunny days in a row to get out there and build it. Oh yea, I had two cast iron sinks given to me too. They are a little smaller then what I wanted, But Hey ! ! ! can't look those gift horses in the mouth

• Mine will probably look like this but I prefer the other one. Will have to wait and see how good I am at construction. I think I can, I think I can, I think I can. Heh
  • This is what I really want it to look like but with the back closed in
  • Windows and 2 cast iron sinks
  • And one supervisor.
  • Becky H
    Becky H Tampa, FL
    Jan, what about anchors? If you go to Lowe's or Home Depot, you'll find they sell several types of anchors, some of which can be screwed into the ground. Chat with them and see if those might work.
  • Jan M
    Jan M Toledo, OR
    If you do, I would be sure to find a way to secure it so that the wind won't tip it over. That is my problem at the moment as I can't find anyone to dig me four post holes for the 4x4's that I will be sinking in each corner to stabilize it.
    Douglas Hunt New Smyrna Beach, FL
    Well of course you could Lori T ! And please post some photos when you do.
  • Lori T
    Lori T Davenport, IA
    I wonder if I use some of these ideas on my patio . I don't have a back yard.
  • Jan M
    Jan M Toledo, OR
    Heheh, like your comment Patricia, I can relate. Especially around here. We have a lot of skaters and a skate park a block away. Nothing against skaters but they would rather be skating then working.
  • Beverly Barksdale
    Beverly Barksdale Kansas City, KS
    Thank You Jan M I will inquire of KMS, I appreciate your help!
  • Patricia McDermott
    Patricia McDermott Oxon Hill, MD
    Heard an old saying once "Hire one kid, you get a kid, hire two and you get 1/2 a kid and hire three and get no kid at all"
  • Jan M
    Jan M Toledo, OR
    Beverly, not sure if I can find directions as I just found the picture and thought it looked like a good Idea. Maybe KMS can help you out with the basics for the construction of this. He is a very talented carpenter here at Hometalk.
  • Jeanette freeze
    Jeanette freeze Purdy, MO
    kids get money just handed to them they donot want to work but they are in for surprize,,so i have learned to do most my self
  • Beverly Barksdale
    Beverly Barksdale Kansas City, KS
    Can someone please help me to get specific directions on how to assemble this room made of doors for my garden. I would love to have hubby assemble this for my private solitude room for reading my Bible and other Books. I know it appears to be just doors
  • Marg C
    Marg C Middletown, NY
    too bad you don't have something like we have in our town, or maybe you do. Down at what we call Park Circle there are always a bunch of men in the mornings looking for work and the contractors and landscapers stop by and pick and choose who they'll
  • Jan M
    Jan M Toledo, OR
    No, I know. Can't find any kids that need some spending cash so guess I am going to have to hire some men to do it. Dang it.
  • Marg C
    Marg C Middletown, NY
    I didn't mean for the kids to use the augers ;)
  • Jan M
    Jan M Toledo, OR
    Yes, I have heard how powerful the augers are that was why I was waiting till the neighbors landlord was going to redo the fence but I think that by the end of August isn't going to happen either???? What to do??
  • Jeannie
    Jeannie The Colony, TX
    Do be cautious hiring yougins. I let my high school age son and two friends use a rented auger to dig fence holes. They needed constant they wouldn't get all silly and try to do stupid stuff like spin around on it.
Jan M

Search Feedback

{% slideIn.title() %}

{% slideIn.slide_post().cover_photo.alt %} {% slideIn.slide_post().media_count %}

{% slideIn.slide_post().summary %}

View Post