Garden Decor

hometalk saves 5 hours ago
Well, I just about have everything I need for my french door green house. The French doors are at my friends house the 2 paneled doors are waiting across the street. I had two loads of cedar donated to my cause along with an old garden gate frame. I was given 3 pallets and now I am just waiting for a few sunny days in a row to get out there and build it. Oh yea, I had two cast iron sinks given to me too. They are a little smaller then what I wanted, But Hey ! ! ! can't look those gift horses in the mouth

#Bestof2012

• Mine will probably look like this but I prefer the other one. Will have to wait and see how good I am at construction. I think I can, I think I can, I think I can. Heh
  • This is what I really want it to look like but with the back closed in
  • Windows and 2 cast iron sinks
  • And one supervisor.
  • Pamela
    Pamela Blowing Rock, NC
    I LOVE your supervisor! I have one too....:0)
  • Debby Boyle
    Debby Boyle Necedah, WI
    Love the little sitting area made of old doors!!! That would be cute in my woods!! Thanks for the idea!!!
  • Rose Degroat
    Rose Degroat Saginaw, MI
    Jan. I'm the lucky recipient of an original cast iron sink with side drainage attached. I'm trying to get my husband to let me incorporate it into our kitchen redo, it would be perfect. But if not I.m mounting it to our old chicken .coop for a potting
  • Sondra A
    Sondra A Janesville, WI
    Ooh, I like that. Such a happy, relaxing little puttering spot.

Could definitely appreciate one of these in my yard.

• Janet Strait
    Janet Strait La Grange, KY
    What a great space to incorporate in the garden! Love it!
  • Debbie Machmer
    Debbie Machmer Canton, PA
    i love this look and it is doable, but...being exposed to constant weather would make this labor intensive preventing rot...no?
  • Sally B
    Sally B Roseburg, OR
    This to Jan, w/ what I saw as the 1st posting, went to restoraion near us, the lady said as I discribed what I needed, she said I just sold some to lady yeterday, he said the lady saw it on the comp. Dang day late dollar short, but she is suppose to give
  • Jan M
    Jan M Toledo, OR
    There is a place in Philomath that has old architectural vintage building items. I forget what street it is on but it is a side street just off of the main street. Philomath isn't that big so if you are ever in that area someone would know. I wish I
  • Sally B
    Sally B Roseburg, OR
    Jan, I love this seren little sitting area. However I don't have neighbors w/ what they call clutter, but do have a friend that makes trips 2-3 times a yr, for yard art back to the Midwest.. I live in Roseburg OR., I believe you are up near
  • Jan M
    Jan M Toledo, OR
    Hey, you know what, I never thought about that. I may just give it a try. Thanks for sharing that bit of info.
  • Becky H
    Becky H Tampa, FL
    Jan, what about anchors? If you go to Lowe's or Home Depot, you'll find they sell several types of anchors, some of which can be screwed into the ground. Chat with them and see if those might work.
  • Jan M
    Jan M Toledo, OR
    If you do, I would be sure to find a way to secure it so that the wind won't tip it over. That is my problem at the moment as I can't find anyone to dig me four post holes for the 4x4's that I will be sinking in each corner to stabilize it.
    Douglas Hunt New Smyrna Beach, FL
    Well of course you could Lori T ! And please post some photos when you do.
  • Lori T
    Lori T Davenport, IA
    I wonder if I use some of these ideas on my patio . I don't have a back yard.
  • Jan M
    Jan M Toledo, OR
    Heheh, like your comment Patricia, I can relate. Especially around here. We have a lot of skaters and a skate park a block away. Nothing against skaters but they would rather be skating then working.
Jan M