Hometalk.com

Burlap Sack 04.05.14

Garden Decor

Well, I just about have everything I need for my french door green house. The French doors are at my friends house the 2 paneled doors are waiting across the street. I had two loads of cedar donated to my cause along with an old garden gate frame. I was given 3 pallets and now I am just waiting for a few sunny days in a row to get out there and build it. Oh yea, I had two cast iron sinks given to me too. They are a little smaller then what I wanted, But Hey ! ! ! can't look those gift horses in the mouth

#Bestof2012

53 Comments Displaying 15 of 53 comments | See Previous
  • Sally B Roseburg, OR
    This to Jan, w/ what I saw as the 1st posting, went to restoraion near us, the lady said as I discribed what I needed, she said I just sold some to lady yeterday, he said the lady saw it on the comp. Dang day late dollar short, but she is suppose to give
  • Debbie Machmer Canton, PA
    i love this look and it is doable, but...being exposed to constant weather would make this labor intensive preventing rot...no?
  • Janet Strait La Grange, KY
    What a great space to incorporate in the garden! Love it!
  • Sondra A Janesville, WI
    Ooh, I like that. Such a happy, relaxing little puttering spot.

Could definitely appreciate one of these in my yard.

• Rose Degroat Saginaw, MI
    Jan. I'm the lucky recipient of an original cast iron sink with side drainage attached. I'm trying to get my husband to let me incorporate it into our kitchen redo, it would be perfect. But if not I.m mounting it to our old chicken .coop for a potting
  • Debby Boyle Necedah, WI
    Love the little sitting area made of old doors!!! That would be cute in my woods!! Thanks for the idea!!!
  • Pamela Blowing Rock, NC
    I LOVE your supervisor! I have one too....:0)
  • I have a set of bi fold doors, what can I do with those? Don't want to through them out, Any ideas?

• Barbara Ann Claremont, CA
    OK Great ideas! I was just in Santa Barbara this weekend and found a 2 doors and wooden cabinet windows with etched glass. And I didn't buy them. They were great prices. Darn! Now I may have to go back....Ohhh Sis...Road Trip!!
  • Belinda W Melrose, FL
    Love the ideas. I hope to build something similar this year.
  • Laura S. Elon, NC
    I don't know if they have one where your at but here in North Carolina the habitat for humanity operates stores called the restore and they have a lot of building materials from doors to tiles bathtubs and more some new some old but all pretty reasonable
  • AMEI SESUS TRABALHOS ....PARABÉNS....
  • Small Talk Mama Kansas City, MO
    Love, love, love
  • Marcia Mason Fuquay Varina, NC
    I live here in NC around Raleigh ,can you direct my path as to where to find some of these treasures? OLD DOORS ECT.
  • Shirley Hanna Clute, TX
    I love this idea! I might try this! Thanks