Old birdbath redo

New Feature

Now you can ask questions on every Hometalk post to get more insight and information about your favorite projects!
This is the base of an old bird bath I found behind our shed. I have always wanted a birdbath so I re did it.
  • This is what the base looked like when I found it and beside it is an old wash basin I'm going to use for the top.
  • I painted it white and saw little details I didn't notice before so I painted the squirrels and added some greenery.
  • Another veiw
  • and another view. Now on to landscaping around it.
  • Laurie M
    Laurie M Zephyrhills, FL
    The plant behind the bird bath is a Morning Glory plant that my grandfather gave me a couple of weeks ago. I empty it often I just pour it on the plants when I water them, being in Florida it seems that we always have mosquitoes. My daughter wants to
    Douglas Hunt New Smyrna Beach, FL
    I love how you created a new birdbath, Laurie. Buy some mosquito dunks for it (and anywhere else you might have standing water). They're harmless to other wildlife.
  • Hometipster.com
    Hometipster.com Columbus, MS
    That's really cool and very creative.
  • Pam Crossin
    Pam Crossin Columbus, OH
    I have the same old birdbath I bot at an aucion. The bowl has a crack in it, so the whole thing has set aside for a few yrs. now. It's so-o-o-oo heavy, made of concrete I think, that I'm not sure I can work witth it w/my back issues, but have been
  • Laurie M
    Laurie M Zephyrhills, FL
    Pam, The birdbath was very heavy! I had a friend help me carry it to where I wanted it and that is where I painted it.
Laurie M

Search Feedback

{% slideIn.title() %}

{% slideIn.slide_post().cover_photo.alt %} {% slideIn.slide_post().media_count %}

{% slideIn.slide_post().summary %}

View Post