Old birdbath redo

This is the base of an old bird bath I found behind our shed. I have always wanted a birdbath so I re did it.
  • This is what the base looked like when I found it and beside it is an old wash basin I'm going to use for the top.
  • I painted it white and saw little details I didn't notice before so I painted the squirrels and added some greenery.
  • Another veiw
  • and another view. Now on to landscaping around it.
  • Laurie M
    Laurie M Zephyrhills, FL
    The plant behind the bird bath is a Morning Glory plant that my grandfather gave me a couple of weeks ago. I empty it often I just pour it on the plants when I water them, being in Florida it seems that we always have mosquitoes. My daughter wants to
    Douglas Hunt New Smyrna Beach, FL
    I love how you created a new birdbath, Laurie. Buy some mosquito dunks for it (and anywhere else you might have standing water). They're harmless to other wildlife.
  • Hometipster.com
    Hometipster.com Columbus, MS
    That's really cool and very creative.
  • Pam Crossin
    Pam Crossin Columbus, OH
    I have the same old birdbath I bot at an aucion. The bowl has a crack in it, so the whole thing has set aside for a few yrs. now. It's so-o-o-oo heavy, made of concrete I think, that I'm not sure I can work witth it w/my back issues, but have been
  • Laurie M
    Laurie M Zephyrhills, FL
    Pam, The birdbath was very heavy! I had a friend help me carry it to where I wanted it and that is where I painted it.
Laurie M

Search Feedback