Painting interior doors dark brown/black

2 hours ago
What do you think about painting interior doors dark brown/black? I'm trying to add some architectural details to my 1979 fixer-upper house & love the way the dark doors look against my lighter wall color. What do you think? Like the trend or not?

Paint is Valspar Fired Earth in Satin. 2 coats

• Peace Painting Co., Inc.
    Rich, classic and will wear well. We don't get to see this often enough.

It's a home run SH!

• Thistlewood
    Thistlewood Grand Rivers, KY
    Great idea. I left all the doors in my home stained dark wood with white trim and I have never regretted it! Love your board and batten trim!
  • SheilaG, Plum Doodles
    I love it and can't wait to see it in person! :)
  • Prestige Applications Remodeling(PAR)
    Pleasing to the eye.
  • Evelyn W
    Evelyn W San Jose, CA
    I like it. What are you going to do with the floors?
  • Prestige Applications Remodeling(PAR)
    Bamboo flooring would be really cool.Something in a cherry color would really set nicely.
  • Eclectically Vintage - Kelly
    Very dramatic with all the white trim!
  • Rhoda V
    Rhoda V Kennesaw, GA
    Thanks all! I'm loving the dark brown doors already. I'm in the middle of a renovation and will be installing dark mocha brown hardwood prefinished floors all throughout. Can't wait!
  • Eclectically Vintage - Kelly
    I love dark floors and have them in my own house - it's going to look amazing Rhoda!
  • Kristi @ Addicted 2 Decorating
    I'm just now seeing this, and I absolutely LOVE it. Black (or really dark brown) doors look so rich against the white trim and light colored walls. And I don't think it's a trend at all. I think black doors are classic!
  • Jennifer Martinez
    Jennifer Martinez San Antonio, TX
    I just saw this post and I love it.
  • Michele
    Michele Overland Park, KS
    We are currently building a home and are painting the trim a dark brown, it's actually called "Breakthrough Bronze" The main level doors will be stained dark as well, but not quite as dark as the trim. The walls will all be a lighter color. I pray it
  • Cindy
    cindy Azusa, CA
    like it, would add an inside border of small trim, to really make them pop
  • Trevor Smith
    Trevor Smith Lehi, UT
    This comment is under admin review
    This comment has been reported and is under admin review.
  • Susan E
    Susan E Pollock Pines, CA
    I have a little house built in 1975. Someone previous to me painted the brown doors white (sort of) and they are chipped. Want to go back to the brown. Thanks for letting me know how it could look.
Rhoda V