Painting interior doors dark brown/black

07.11.15
What do you think about painting interior doors dark brown/black? I'm trying to add some architectural details to my 1979 fixer-upper house & love the way the dark doors look against my lighter wall color. What do you think? Like the trend or not?

Paint is Valspar Fired Earth in Satin. 2 coats

• Susan E
    Susan E Pollock Pines, CA
    I have a little house built in 1975. Someone previous to me painted the brown doors white (sort of) and they are chipped. Want to go back to the brown. Thanks for letting me know how it could look.
  • B. enne
    b. enne Canada
    It is great, don't change it!!!!

I did the same thing with my "colonial" panel hollow doors and would never go back! They are a dark brown, but look quite

• Heather Spear
    Heather Spear Danvers, MA
    I like that idea, my husband isn't too keen on it so we're at a standstill. Our doors are stained lighter right now. He wants me to paint them white, but we have kids and cats and I can only imagine how many times I will have to touch them up from dings
  • Cornelia Schott
    Cornelia Schott Cranberry Twp, PA
    The previous owner in our house stained all of the doors using a sienna (reddish color). The color did not go with anything in the house. We sanded and primed 22 interior doors back to white changing the appearance of the entire house. This process took
  • B. enne
    b. enne Canada
    Everybody has white...as I said before leave them. We were afraid to try it when we did ours 3 yrs ago, and absolutely love them. We get tons of compliments. http://www.houzz.com/ideabooks/29576535/list...
Rhoda V