Painting interior doors dark brown/black

What do you think about painting interior doors dark brown/black? I'm trying to add some architectural details to my 1979 fixer-upper house & love the way the dark doors look against my lighter wall color. What do you think? Like the trend or not?

Paint is Valspar Fired Earth in Satin. 2 coats

Do you have a question about this post?

Ask Here!

• B. Enne
    B. Enne Canada
    It is great, don't change it!!!!

I did the same thing with my "colonial" panel hollow doors and would never go back! They are a dark brown, but look quite

• Heather Spear
    Heather Spear Danvers, MA
    I like that idea, my husband isn't too keen on it so we're at a standstill. Our doors are stained lighter right now. He wants me to paint them white, but we have kids and cats and I can only imagine how many times I will have to touch them up from dings
  • Cornelia Schott
    Cornelia Schott Cranberry Twp, PA
    The previous owner in our house stained all of the doors using a sienna (reddish color). The color did not go with anything in the house. We sanded and primed 22 interior doors back to white changing the appearance of the entire house. This process took
  • B. Enne
    B. Enne Canada
    Everybody has white...as I said before leave them. We were afraid to try it when we did ours 3 yrs ago, and absolutely love them. We get tons of compliments. http://www.houzz.com/ideabooks/29576535/list/...
  • Drdyson1204
    This is the 2nd post I've seen on this trend and both times the result was stunning! I just have a hard time seeing it in my house, which is more of a beach, seaside decor. I've got to repaint everything so I'm really giving this some thought. Would
    • B. Enne
      B. Enne Canada
      Drdyson1204 no.

I still love my doors, but I have a couple of spots that need to be touched up. They do show dust as much as the white

Rhoda V