Painting interior doors dark brown/black

02.21.15
What do you think about painting interior doors dark brown/black? I'm trying to add some architectural details to my 1979 fixer-upper house & love the way the dark doors look against my lighter wall color. What do you think? Like the trend or not?

Paint is Valspar Fired Earth in Satin. 2 coats

• Miriam I
    Miriam I New York, NY
    I love it, especially with the light colored walls!
  • Peace Painting Co., Inc.
    Rich, classic and will wear well. We don't get to see this often enough.

It's a home run SH!

• Thistlewood
    Thistlewood Grand Rivers, KY
    Great idea. I left all the doors in my home stained dark wood with white trim and I have never regretted it! Love your board and batten trim!
  • SheilaG, Plum Doodles
    I love it and can't wait to see it in person! :)
  • Prestige Applications Remodeling(PAR)
    Pleasing to the eye.
  • Evelyn W
    Evelyn W San Jose, CA
    I like it. What are you going to do with the floors?
  • Prestige Applications Remodeling(PAR)
    Bamboo flooring would be really cool.Something in a cherry color would really set nicely.
  • Eclectically Vintage - Kelly
    Very dramatic with all the white trim!
  • Rhoda V
    Rhoda V Kennesaw, GA
    Thanks all! I'm loving the dark brown doors already. I'm in the middle of a renovation and will be installing dark mocha brown hardwood prefinished floors all throughout. Can't wait!
  • Eclectically Vintage - Kelly
    I love dark floors and have them in my own house - it's going to look amazing Rhoda!
  • Kristi @ Addicted 2 Decorating
    I'm just now seeing this, and I absolutely LOVE it. Black (or really dark brown) doors look so rich against the white trim and light colored walls. And I don't think it's a trend at all. I think black doors are classic!
  • Jennifer Martinez
    Jennifer Martinez San Antonio, TX
    I just saw this post and I love it.
  • Michele
    Michele Overland Park, KS
    We are currently building a home and are painting the trim a dark brown, it's actually called "Breakthrough Bronze" The main level doors will be stained dark as well, but not quite as dark as the trim. The walls will all be a lighter color. I pray it
  • Cindy
    cindy Azusa, CA
    like it, would add an inside border of small trim, to really make them pop
Rhoda V