Painting interior doors dark brown/black

DIY HOME 05.19.15
What do you think about painting interior doors dark brown/black? I'm trying to add some architectural details to my 1979 fixer-upper house & love the way the dark doors look against my lighter wall color. What do you think? Like the trend or not?

Paint is Valspar Fired Earth in Satin. 2 coats

• Jennifer Martinez
    Jennifer Martinez San Antonio, TX
    I just saw this post and I love it.
  • Michele
    Michele Overland Park, KS
    We are currently building a home and are painting the trim a dark brown, it's actually called "Breakthrough Bronze" The main level doors will be stained dark as well, but not quite as dark as the trim. The walls will all be a lighter color. I pray it
  • Cindy
    cindy Azusa, CA
    like it, would add an inside border of small trim, to really make them pop
  • Susan E
    Susan E Pollock Pines, CA
    I have a little house built in 1975. Someone previous to me painted the brown doors white (sort of) and they are chipped. Want to go back to the brown. Thanks for letting me know how it could look.
  • B. enne
    b. enne Canada
    It is great, don't change it!!!!

I did the same thing with my "colonial" panel hollow doors and would never go back! They are a dark brown, but look quite

Rhoda V