Hi There Here's how you can get the most out of your home & garden social network: Go home

Storage in Small Half Bathroom

We needed a space to store bathroom supplies, such as extra toilet paper, toothbrushes, & hair accessories in our tiny powder room. We used the space above the toilet to create floating shelves to hold all the necessities.
#SmallBathroom #Storage
We began by making wooden braces & nailing them into the wall.
Then we cut some finished plywood for the shelves & my husband used a router to create the cap for the front of the shelves. Depending on how think you want the shelves, you could probably use a piece of trellis wood for the end.
Next, we installed the top & bottoms of the shelves by nailing them to the braces. Finally, we nailed the fronts to the shelves.
Floating shelves provide lots of storage in a tiny bathroom.

To see more: http://designedtodwell.blogspot.com/2012/06/handy-half-bath.html

11 Comments | Add a Comment Displaying 11 of 11 comments
  • Dee W
    Dee W Rock Creek, OH
    Shelving turned out really nice and it is out of the way. No bumping and no splatters. ?-where are the tooth brushes and toilet paper?
  • Wendy W
    Wendy W Milford, OH
    Thanks! The bottom shelf sits high enough that it doesn't get bumped or splattered on (I hope...my son does have pretty bad aim sometimes!). The toilet paper is in the basket on the top shelf. The toothbrushes & toothpaste are in the shell bowl on the
  • Dee W
    Dee W Rock Creek, OH
    You sure do-excellent job!
  • The Space Between
    The Space Between Key West, FL
    So, so awesome! Heading to the blog for a closer look. :)
  • Wendy W
    Wendy W Milford, OH
    Thanks!
  • Elizabeth
    Elizabeth Easley, SC
    The drawback that I see is that ea. time the toilet is flushed--w/out the lid down, germs are sprayed everywhere in the room, including all the items on the shelves. We don't keep our toothbrushes in the bathrooms for that reason. The shelves do look
  • Judy Anstess
    Judy Anstess Fresno, CA
    I would look on Ebay or Etsy and find some really neat medium sizes sea shells and glue them around that beautiful mirror too.
  • Diy Design Fanatic
    diy Design Fanatic Charlotte, NC
    Your shelves look great!
  • ThomasMaloney
    ThomasMaloney Australia
    It's a very nicely done job! And it really creates a lot of storage space in the loo for you now hey? Excellent walkthrough Wendy, thanks for sharing!
  • Lynn
    Lynn Rehoboth Beach, DE
    I love the way floating shelves look - not cumbersome and space hogging like regular shelves. You and your man did an excellent job.
Wendy W

Posts You May Like

Continue browsing