Storage in Small Half Bathroom

Bathroom 08.24.15
We needed a space to store bathroom supplies, such as extra toilet paper, toothbrushes, & hair accessories in our tiny powder room. We used the space above the toilet to create floating shelves to hold all the necessities.
#SmallBathroom #Storage
We began by making wooden braces & nailing them into the wall.
Then we cut some finished plywood for the shelves & my husband used a router to create the cap for the front of the shelves. Depending on how think you want the shelves, you could probably use a piece of trellis wood for the end.
Next, we installed the top & bottoms of the shelves by nailing them to the braces. Finally, we nailed the fronts to the shelves.
Floating shelves provide lots of storage in a tiny bathroom.

To see more: http://designedtodwell.blogspot.com/2012/06/handy-half-bath.html

• Lynn
    Lynn Rehoboth Beach, DE
    I love the way floating shelves look - not cumbersome and space hogging like regular shelves. You and your man did an excellent job.
  • Shelly Dabichan
    Shelly Dabichan Lawton, OK
    I love these shelves and wondered how they were done!!! I am so doing these in my small master bath as soon as I get the chance. Probably this summer!!! Thank you so much for sharing!!
  • Wendy W
    Wendy W Milford, OH
    Thanks! Glad you found this helpful!
  • MelBrandle
    MelBrandle Australia
    These are the kind of storage solutions that I would like people to see – easy DIY storage solutions that does not involve atrocious costs! There are also a number of DIYs in pinterest that you could do at home, ranging from making mason jars look
  • Debi53
    debi53 Broadway, NC
    You did a beautiful job on these. Not only functional, but so attractive in your bath.
Wendy W