An Old Ladder Re-purposed as a Bed Canopy

07.02.15
I've always dreamed of having a canopy bed...somewhere along the way it switched from "pink and frilly" to "neutral and junky". I am very happy with how it turned out.

My engineer husband very securely attached the brackets to the walls and the old ladder to the brackets...no worries :) Then I draped 2 matching painters drop cloths over 2 of the rungs of the ladder. That's it...easy!

More photos and info at...

http://www.chippingwithcharm.blogspot.com/20...

Thnanks for taking a peek!!

• Chipping with Charm, Laurel
    Thanks ladies!!
  • Pamelasb1960
    pamelasb1960 Farmington, MI
    I love your "original design" style,, I may need to borrow this idea as I am inspiring to open a Bed & Breakfast in the future. Thanks for sharing of your talents :)
  • Wendy Johnson
    Wendy Johnson Niles, MI
    You got rid of most of the dust catching people complain about ! Love it! And your picture too. I confess I could see it with a plain door headboard. Not that I am capable of doing that. Thanks for sharing
  • Alanda
    Alanda Kalispell, MT
    One of the best ideas ever. I am so going to use it.
  • Kathleen Sozzi
    Kathleen Sozzi Auburn, NY
    LOVE this idea for a canopy..........but I would drape the fabric like you have it over the bracket to hide it ;-)
Chipping with Charm, Laurel