Hometalk.com

Before & After 03.16.14

Repurposed- Using an old barn tin roof and barn wood for a fireplace makeover

We updated an 80's style fireplace by using an old rusty tin roof and barn wood from a torn down barn. We added the rusted tin to the blank wall above the fireplace to add texture and visual interest. We used the barn wood to create a mantel. We also used vintage blue mason jars, old books, globes and other repurposed vintage items to create unique collected bookshelves of treasures. We painted the shelves and bricks with Annie Sloan Chalk Paint in Old White and then glazed with wood stain to make it look old. You can read more about this project on our blog http://bella-tucker.com/2012/03/fireplace-ma... or follow us on Facebook to keep up with our latest projects at http://www.facebook.com/bellatucker

#KeepingCozy

14 Comments Displaying 14 of 14 comments
  • Miriam I New York, NY
    Love, love LOVE!
  • Thank you!!
  • At The Picket Fence Florence, KY
    This is such a fantastic project! We are doing a hometalk Repurposing Round-up on our blog tomorrow and we would love to include this project with full credit going to you of course! :-) ~Vanessa
  • @picket fence that is awesome. I'll be looking for it. Thanks so much for including us. :)
  • Donna R Lumberton, TX
    Saw your fireplace makeover on the Picket Fence! Congrats to you! Nice pat on the back.
  • Thanks Donna! It was a wonderful surprise!
  • Melody M Chattanooga, TN
    you've got some really cute stuff.. i love the fireplace clock... and i love the way you have the mantel done with jars
  • Thanks so much!!
  • Sharalee Insley Urbana, OH
    I love old barn wood. I used it halfway up our walls 15yrs ago and it still looks great. I love the use of the old metal roofing, I'd love to see how it would look in the kitchen to cover the stove vent. Thanks for the inspiration.
  • Sherrie Nixa, MO
    Stunning!
  • Cynthia E Daleville, AL
    Well just WOW! I loveeee this!
  • Jill B Bismarck, ND
    Oh my....be still my heart. I am in LOVE. I may have to go to my old farm and nab some tin. I LOVE the rusty tin. Great job. Simply beautiful