Hometalk.com

hook racks 7 days ago

Check out this coat hanger I made out of old cabinet doors!

I needed something that would hold up while looking great and not putting two million holes in my walls... this is what I came up with!

http://www.craftyscrappyhappy.net/2011/08/co...

15 Comments Displaying 15 of 15 comments
  • Jeff C Broadview Heights, OH
    Beautiful job. The vintage knobs are a big hit and I love how the drawers already have the beveled edges on them. Now if I come across any drawer fronts, I have a use for them!
  • Kaymie Blue Grass, IA
    I did this with shutters that I found at the Habitat restore!
  • Anita Ward Inman, SC
    Love this one. I need to do that to hang jewelry in my closet. Thanks for the great idea
  • This is a really smart idea! There are always cabinet door 'orphans' at ReStore... I may have to try this!
  • Gloria K Little Falls, MN
    I love the idea and may have to try this instead of having everything laying on top of dresser and put in little dishes. Hang them on the vintage knobs and put on wall in closet. That would uncluttered a few things. Thanks for the idea.
  • Carolyn Bostic Springfield, MO
    Great idea. I like this.
  • Wen S Rochester, NY
    wow
  • Love this idea!!!
  • Homeroad Greenlawn, NY
    Great idea! Love the color you chose!
  • Sia@South 47th Sacramento, CA
    Very very nice idea and terrific colour!
  • Arlene Pieri Connersville, IN
    Very neat idea!
  • Very nice and you could use this idea in so many ways.
  • Chris aka monkey Mount Pleasant, TN
    i have a pile of doors i will be doing this in new house xx (if we get house)
  • Dana Shuster San Antonio, TX
    I did something similar in my powder room. The towel rack kept coming off the wall and repairs were just causing more holes in the drywall, so I quit trying to put up a towel rack. In my state we call it "back up ten and punt."
  • Tracy Staver Costello Ridgeville, IN
    love this idea