Create a flower planter from an old tire!

Yard 5 days ago
My future father-in-law came up with this brilliant idea over 20 years ago to cut and flip an old tire inside out and use it as a gorgeous planter!

You can check out more pictures and see the full tutorial on my blog, Pink Hammers & Sippy Cups! http://www.pinkhsc.com/2012/07/tire-planter.h...

on This Post

• Lori
    Lori Canada
    I've seen a lot of this type of thing, but your's are the prettiest I've seen. There are so many things you could do with these smaller ones, like, hang it tipped up in a hanger and have trailing plants come out both sides, or on a fence, painted yellow
  • Lois Franklin
    Lois Franklin Bremond, TX
    I remember my dad making some for my mother back in the 60's so this has been around for a long time. Yours are so pretty in red, my favorite color.
  • Mssmatch
    Mssmatch Florence, KY
    Back in the '70's my little neighbor flipped 4 old tires from off my Pontiac using only a knife and a crowbar, she must be strong as a horse cause I was never able to turn one inside out!
  • Melvina
    melvina Mc Connellsburg, PA
    I have two but your I so pretty.
  • Cheryl Markus Reynolds
    Thank you for the memories. :-) Back in the 70s, my uncle use to make these as well. Had a few around his yard. He'd use the metal wheel as a pedestal. Even had one made from a huge tractor tire.
Pamela R