DIY $1.87 kitchen cabinet feet from curtain finials!

At up to $60 a foot, I could not afford to purchase cabinet feet for my DIY Kitchen remodel, so I decided to make my own...from curtain finials! A year later and they are holding up great! Get the full tutorial at: http://www.atthepicketfence.com/2011/05/make... ~Heather #MyKitchen
  • DIY cabinet feet from curtain finials
  • curtain finals turned cabinet feet
  • turning curtain finials into cabinet feet
  • At The Picket Fence
    At The Picket Fence Florence, KY
    I will create a cabinet painting post soon with lots of details and share it with you all! Thanks for all the sweet compliments. :)
  • Stephanie @ Furniture Flippin'
    That's really clever!!
  • Marg C
    Marg C Middletown, NY
    me too!
  • Jean Wiegand
    Jean Wiegand Cape May Court House, NJ
    PF you are so clever! I would love more information on painting cabinets - please!
  • Marg C
    Marg C Middletown, NY
    these look fabulous!

I have actually been planning on doing this to a cabinet I found at an estate sale...I was looking at finials down the

• Lisa L
    Lisa L Saint George, UT
    Smart - VERY smart!!
  • Leslie Lamb
    Leslie Lamb Alamogordo, NM
    I agree! Brilliant idea! Bloody brilliant!
  • Eclectically Vintage - Kelly
    Don't take this the wrong way - but my your feet are lovely!
  • Judy J
    Judy J Montgomery, AL
    Wow! I'm with Mandi (first comment)...I've always wanted to add "feet" to my cabinets but it seemed too cost prohibitive...going to give this a try!
  • Becky H
    Becky H Tampa, FL
    Good for you Picket Fence! You discovered what I did some time ago. Finials are far less expensive than the furniture feet when you're shopping for them. I used finials on a large basket I wanted to use as a magazine corral.............after I saw the
  • At The Picket Fence
    At The Picket Fence Florence, KY
    Hi Glenda! I purchased the medium size unfinished finials at Lowe's. They are in the section where you find wood trim, etc. If you click on the link I have in the post it will take you to my blog where I give a step by step tutorial. Hope that helps!
  • Linda @ it all started with paint
    I can't even tell you how much I adore this idea! I've got in on my clipboard here ... and pinned ... and FB shared too!
  • Glenda W
    Glenda W Beaver Falls, PA
    Donna, How did you get them to stay under? Did you glue them? I was thinking about doing this with my cabinets in the bathroom. How did you find the right size finials and where did you get them?
  • Miriam I
    Miriam I New York, NY
    I am in awe. What a great idea!
  • Lori J
    Lori J Broken Bow, NE
    Brilliant!
At The Picket Fence