Tiling bathroom floor

07.22.12
I'm planning on tiling our bathroom floor this summer. Floor is on 2nd floor, wood and linoleum. Do I need to put down anything before I tile and what do I do around toilet?
  • Mark Potter
    Mark Potter Pleasant Valley, NY
    I never would recomend anything relaying to tile on linoleum scuffed or not, unless you use a fortified thinset but that's still risky. your better off taking it up then using a belt sander. unless the subfloor is plank flooring or is old and 
  • KMS Woodworks
    KMS Woodworks Nederland, CO
    I just pulled some lino up the other day in a Kitchen tiling project...the sheet product was set on older 12 square. The sheet material separated leaving the cardboard like middle exposed...I thought I was going to have a bugger of a time getting that
  • Home Repair Tutor
    Home Repair Tutor Pittsburgh, PA
    KMS,

Post your pics of the new tiling project, I like bomb proof for rentals. LOL

• KMS Woodworks
    KMS Woodworks Nederland, CO
    Still have a bit to go...I'll post when we get more finshed...the befores and after will knock your socks off....the owner keeps saying..." I should have raised the rent"
  • Home Repair Tutor
    Home Repair Tutor Pittsburgh, PA
    They should raise the rent, there is no better way to get value than to redo a bathroom or kitchen.
Leuella