Tiling bathroom floor | Hometalk
1.1K Views
1

Tiling bathroom floor

TIle floor on Feb 18, 2016
1.1K Views
1
I'm planning on tiling our bathroom floor this summer. Floor is on 2nd floor, wood and linoleum. Do I need to put down anything before I tile and what do I do around toilet?
  • Mark Potter
    Mark Potter Pleasant Valley, NY

I never would recomend anything relaying to tile on linoleum scuffed or not, unless you use a fortified thinset but that's still risky. your better off taking it up then using a belt sander. unless the subfloor is plank flooring or is old and 
    Past

• KMS Woodworks
    KMS Woodworks Nederland, CO

I just pulled some lino up the other day in a Kitchen tiling project...the sheet product was set on older 12 square. The sheet material separated leaving the cardboard like middle exposed...I thought I was going to have a bugger of a time getting

• Home Repair Tutor
    Home Repair Tutor Pittsburgh, PA

KMS,
    Post your pics of the new tiling project, I like bomb proof for rentals. LOL

• KMS Woodworks
    KMS Woodworks Nederland, CO

Still have a bit to go...I'll post when we get more finshed...the befores and after will knock your socks off....the owner keeps saying..." I should have raised the rent"

• Home Repair Tutor
    Home Repair Tutor Pittsburgh, PA

They should raise the rent, there is no better way to get value than to redo a bathroom or kitchen.

­