Hometalk.com

For the Garden 04.09.14

Garden mailbox toolshed

Had this old package sized mailbox so decided to repurpose it into a mini shed out at my vegie garden. Now everything I need is right at my fingertips and everything stays dry and clean! So many people ask me why there is a mailbox out in my garden!
64 Comments Displaying 15 of 64 comments | See Previous
  • KMS Woodworks Nederland, CO
    I have worked a little with Camphor wood. The Camphor cbe mentioned above are more like a "moth ball" thing. and should be used with caution.
  • Ginger H Vilonia, AR
    You can go to most pharmacies and ask for it. These are not moth balls and though they aren't for consumption and as with anything chemical or pharmacuetical related should be kept out of reach of children.They are quite harmless when used correctly.
  • Eva Barker Beaule Mendota, VA
    What a great idea!
  • Debbie Lindsay Westminster, SC
    camphor u can get in cubes at drugs store
  • Sherry L Deridder, LA
    I would love to find about three of these and put them at different sites around my place so I would have ready access to hand tools and gloves where ever I am working. Wouldn't want to buy new ones, that would get expensive. I have a bad habit of
  • Sherry L Deridder, LA
    You can grow Camphor plants. I wonder if a few leaves would work.
  • Mary Rocky Mount, NC
    I love this idea! Going to do it today!!
  • Christine P Newton, NJ
    Saw this idea a while ago. Needed a new mailbox, so I bought one, saved the old one and just finished painting it with a can of Rustoleum spray paint in a bright aqua blue color. They have many colors to choose from now in spray paint. My guy is going to
  • Yvette Gerace Warren, MI
    What a cool idea!!
  • MahtaMouse Redmond, WA
    Sherry L: I got a large one off of CraigsList for free for just this purpose.
  • Pat aka Queen of Thrift Scottsboro, AL
    Love it! That is exactly what I need to keep my cutters, twine, gloves, etc. in. I like the package size. It will hold a lot of things! And will save many steps to the shed!
  • MaeGatineau Canada
    i love this idea
  • Carole Australia
    I have copied this idea for our garden. It is too far to struggle back up the hill in our garden when I want to pull some weeds and realise I don't have my trowel or gardening gloves! I think this is a very practical idea and wonder why everyone is not
  • MaeGatineau Canada
    and you could even add a lock to it
  • Butch Fertic Kissimmee, FL
    what a great Idea,,