Hometalk.com

Hi There Here's how you can get the most out of your home & garden social network: Go home

Anthropologie Inspired Gourmet Kitchen

Dream Kitchens 10.19.14
I can't wait to share my friend's kitchen with everyone! Laree and her husband let me be the designer on their remodel a few years ago, and let me tell you, they were a DREAM to work with AND their house turned out fabulous if I do say so myself. The house was only 5 years old and was the model for our track neighborhood, but it wasn't the right size or style for their family so a reno was in order. Why not move somewhere else where they could build or find the perfect house? Because our neighborhood is unbeatable. Seriously a dream, I happened to live two doors down from the reno so keeping up with every detail was a snap.

First of all the kitchen was tiny in the original design so with the help of a local architect and general contractor we pushed it out in two directions. This left room for a lot of cabinets and a huge island with seating for 6. The Wolf gas range, huge built-in refrigerator, hidden dishwasher and dishwasher drawers, refrigerated drawers, pot filler and gorgeous faucet make this a chefs dream gourmet kitchen.

With a lot of decor details purchased from Anthropologie it has an eclectic feel. The cabinet designers did an amazing job mixing clean classic white cabinets around the perimeter of the kitchen with a custom island that feels like it was imported from Europe and the space

10 Comments | Add a Comment Displaying 10 of 10 comments
  • The Space Between
    The Space Between Key West, FL
    This is so incredibly awesome. What a dream job to design something like this. Beautiful. :)
    This comment has been reported and is under admin review.
    This comment was hidden for violating Hometalk's guidelines.
  • Postcards From the Ridge
    I. Love. That. Island. Can you come over and paint mine? That whole kitchen is just gorgeous. Nice job. Your friend is so lucky!
  • Eclectically Vintage - Kelly
    That is a dream kitchen - and fun to spend someone else's money!! Turned out amazing - love the ribbed glass cabinets.
  • Kyle G
    Kyle G Middletown, NJ
    Wow, this is incredible. The cabinetry, crown molding, counter tops and floor are all amazing and work so well together. Great job!
  • Amanda
    Amanda Orem, UT
    Thanks everyone, I'm glad the fabulocity is coming through in the photos, and yes EclecVintage, it was really fun spending someone else's money, but even more fun seeing their faces at the "reveal"!
  • Terri S
    Terri S Oolitic, IN
    Gorgeous kitchen!
  • FunkyJunk Interiors - Donna
    WOW! The kitchen is to die for but that island knocked it out of the park! LOVE all the details and the colour! Sooo pretty!

• Leena Milligan-Lanteigne
    I LOVE this kitchen! Just look at all of the beautiful cabinets for storage and that island is not only a gorgeous place to eat, but provides so much work space! Love the finishes too! I want!
  • Jeanne
    Jeanne Saint Charles, MO
    PERFECT! I love this kitchen and colors and everything about it!
  • Kristin
    Kristin San Marcos, CA
    Incredible
Amanda