How to edge flower beds... like a pro!

Landscaping 1 hour ago
My brother is a pro gardener and many moons ago, he shared how he professionally edged flowerbeds. I get comments asking how I do my own, so today I'm sharing my secrets!

How do you edge your flowerbeds?
#Bestof2012
#itchingforspringOutdoorProjects
#BeforeandAfter
#CurbAppeal
#Makeover
#ThinkSpring
#SpringIdeas
#CurbAppeal
#JuneGarden
#OutdoorIdeas
#grow
Cost: $0.00 Difficulty: Easy
Isn't this edge pretty, trust me, this is very easy to do with 3 tools you likely already have on hand.
This was the before. Does this look like what you tend to have?
This is a simple half moon edger which creates the super clean edges.
Once the cut is made, create a trench with mounded soil in the opposite direction of the cut.
The trench allows for water run off.

To see more: http://www.funkyjunkinteriors.net/2012/07/how-to-edge-flower-beds-like-pro.html

• Bonnie
    Bonnie Berkley, MI
    Thank you for sharing this. It will help us a lot in restyling the garden.
  • Lynette
    Lynette Minneapolis, MN
    Thanks for sharing. Was just debating how to add curb appeal to front garden bed but did not want to add a border.
  • Marion Nesbitt
    Have edged for years and edge well out from the plants. Makes your property look well-tended. When I mow, I have 2 wheels on the grass and 2 on the earth. No other actions needed. Do it once in the fall, so it doesn't have to be done in spring when there
  • Patsy Price
    Patsy Price Hartsville, SC
    Thanks for posting.
  • Trish Carpenter
    Trish Carpenter Vicksburg, MI
    Fantastic info! I've so many edges that are just mounded high with grass and this is such a saving grace for pocket book and landscaping peace of mind. THANK YOU!
  • Melanie Hinman
    Melanie Hinman Bay City, MI
    I saw this post last year and bought myself a half-moon edger! I was very pleased at how clean it cut, and with less effort than I anticipated. Shaking and pounding the dirt out of the cut sod wasn't fun, but never is, and required with any initial
  • All About Rose Gardening
    All About Rose Gardening Hubbardston, MA
    I have been edging my rose beds all summer! It does look so much nicer!
  • Marti Shuler
    Marti Shuler Bolivar, MO
    We deal with crab grass. Any suggestions on how to keep the crab grass to a minimum? And have you heard of using corn meal to prevent weeds from germinating in flower beds?
  • JoAnn Ray Ward
    JoAnn Ray Ward Dalton, GA
    Need help with CAMELLIAS. I HAVE 3 LARGE CAMeLLIA BUSHES (live in north Ga.) it's

hard to cover them in the freezing weather because of size. Buds get frost bitten but they still have 100's of blooms down

• Amanda
    Amanda Flint, MI
    Thank you im just grtting started on the hole gardening thing and dont have alot of money at the moment but this is agrate idea to start with and add stones or whatnot later on thank yo so much
  • Denise Samuel
    Denise Samuel Naples, FL
    Just what I needed to know! Someone offered me a half-moon tool but I wasn't sure what it was used for, and he didn't know either. Thank you so much, nothing annoys me more than untidy edging.
  • Virginia Roy
    Virginia Roy Dryden, MI
    My husband asks that I don't do this because it makes it hard to mow... Any ideas?
    • Marion Nesbitt
      Virginia Roy As stated above, I keep 2 wheels on the grass and 2 on the soil. No problem as long as you don't mound the earth too high.
  • Lori
    Lori Chicora, PA
    I think it makes mowing much easier.
  • Betty Geist
    Betty Geist Reading, MA
    That looks so good
  • Dottie Unruh
    Beautiful--thank you! And what a lovely garden you have!
FunkyJunk Interiors - Donna