Shutter Caddy

Neat Stuff 11.07.15

New Feature

Now you can ask questions on every Hometalk post to get more insight and information about your favorite projects!
Take an old shutter and give it a functional purpose. This shutter caddy would be great in a bathroom to hold towels or out by the pool to hold sunscreen, bug spray, towels, etc. Check out how I made it at
  • Julie Congi
    Julie Congi San Francisco, CA
    This gives me the idea of just putting two old stained shutters on a wall -instead of a picture (like a make believe window) Thanks!! P.S. My best friend lives in Fayetteville, GA on Old Farmville Road....
  • SheilaG, Plum Doodles
    SheilaG, Plum Doodles Simpsonville, SC
    Great idea, Virginia! I love the color of the shutter.
  • Kelly S
    Kelly S Bremerton, WA
    I have a planter like that in my bathroom! I use it for my hair dryer, iron and brushes. The mate is on the back porch and holds pet items and old plastic grocery bags for dog walks.
  • Virginia B
    Virginia B Fayetteville, GA
    Thanks Ladies! I like your ideas too. And, Julie, what a small world!!!
  • Elizabeth Dwyer Simpson
    I really like Kelly S's suggestion of using said basket for hair essentials. Thank you.
Virginia B

Search Feedback

{% slideIn.title() %}

{% slideIn.slide_post().cover_photo.alt %} {% slideIn.slide_post().media_count %}

{% slideIn.slide_post().summary %}

View Post