Sea Glass Jar DIY

New Feature

Now you can ask questions on every Hometalk post to get more insight and information about your favorite projects!
I creating these jars using a homemade modpodge (2 parts glue to 1 part water) mixed with food coloring, water and a little dishsoap. Took me all of about 10 minutes and I LOVE the way they came out. Placed them in my kitchen window and it makes doing the dishes a lot more enjoyable! ;)

For more details you can go to my blog:

• Victoria Howard
    Victoria Howard Red Oak, IA
    Hi Ashleigh, I am trying the sea glass jars with no luck! I don't know why soap, what does it do? Also, how thick is the glue? I tried with and without soap, water, I made it thick and thin, and the glass came out shiny green ! (I used green food color.)
  • Nellie Denmon
    Nellie Denmon Kilgore, TX
    Nellie says AWESOME
  • Karen
    Karen Australia
    thank you so, so pretty
  • Victoria Howard
    Victoria Howard Red Oak, IA
    I am having an issue with the ratios of glue to water to color to soap. Every time I make this, the paint slides off the glass. I have tried 2 T. glue to 1 T. water, 2 drops color, 1-2 drops soap. Argh!
Ashleigh B

Search Feedback

{% slideIn.title() %}

{% slideIn.slide_post().cover_photo.alt %} {% slideIn.slide_post().media_count %}

{% slideIn.slide_post().summary %}

View Post