Hometalk.com

Awesome Remodels 04.08.14

Sea Glass Jar DIY

I creating these jars using a homemade modpodge (2 parts glue to 1 part water) mixed with food coloring, water and a little dishsoap. Took me all of about 10 minutes and I LOVE the way they came out. Placed them in my kitchen window and it makes doing the dishes a lot more enjoyable! ;)

For more details you can go to my blog:

http://livegorgeously.blogspot.com/2012/07/s...

32 Comments Displaying 15 of 32 comments | See Previous
  • These are wonderful!
  • Bernice H Yakima, WA
    These are absolutely beautiful! The colors just are so soothing and fresh!
  • Bernice H Yakima, WA
    Ashleigh B I love these, you have a reply on your blog from someone who said to use white glue on wood to give your painted surface a crackle effect. Have you tried this? And since the glue is...glue, what happens if your glued surface gets wet at some time?
  • Kelly S Bremerton, WA
    Ashleigh B, could these be sealed with a clear coat of acrylic spray like Krylon?
  • GREAT IDEA--NOW IF I ONLY HAD A WINDOW OVER MY SINK!!
  • Nancy S Erie, PA
    ok I finally gave these a shot... will see how the look tomorrow when they are dry....
  • Blue is such a pretty color. With the flowers tucked in each jar, they bring so much color and life to the window.
  • Sheila Moore Newport News, VA
    WOW I love this. My son is getting married next year and they are using mason jars and sunflowers...could be painted in a cobalt blue to match their colors. Definitely going to give this a try.
  • Eleanor P Brooksville, FL
    What a fabulous idea. Love these! Absolutely love the color you used. I keep leftovers in jars....so much nicer than plastic. And the food keeps better also.
  • Lorah Marquardt Stevens Point, WI
    Love this idea. I tried it on some cobalt blue bottles and it turned out great. Color comes through but now they are frosted. Beautiful!
  • Wow, Ashleigh! These are beautiful!
  • Loooooooooooovely!!! :)
  • Jennifer Holm Mountain Home A F B, ID
    Do you just use a paintbrush to get the color on, or a sponge or something else? I am wanting to try this for some of my spice jars (on the outside of course) and am not sure how to go about it. Thank you!
  • Valerie South Africa
    They turned out beautifully. Thanks for sharing how you make 'home-made' modge! Very pleased to have found that information.
  • I am originally from Mountain Home and two of my sisters live there also..This is a great idea! Thanks for sharing.