Sea Glass Jar DIY

I creating these jars using a homemade modpodge (2 parts glue to 1 part water) mixed with food coloring, water and a little dishsoap. Took me all of about 10 minutes and I LOVE the way they came out. Placed them in my kitchen window and it makes doing the dishes a lot more enjoyable! ;)

For more details you can go to my blog:

http://livegorgeously.blogspot.com/2012/07/s...

• Bernice H
    Bernice H New York, NY
    Ashleigh B I love these, you have a reply on your blog from someone who said to use white glue on wood to give your painted surface a crackle effect. Have you tried this? And since the glue is...glue, what happens if your glued surface gets wet at some time?
  • Kelly S
    Kelly S Bremerton, WA
    Ashleigh B, could these be sealed with a clear coat of acrylic spray like Krylon?
  • BONNIE J
    GREAT IDEA--NOW IF I ONLY HAD A WINDOW OVER MY SINK!!
  • Nancy S
    Nancy S Erie, PA
    ok I finally gave these a shot... will see how the look tomorrow when they are dry....
  • Sharon @ mrs. hines class
    Blue is such a pretty color. With the flowers tucked in each jar, they bring so much color and life to the window.
  • Sheila Moore
    Sheila Moore Newport News, VA
    WOW I love this. My son is getting married next year and they are using mason jars and sunflowers...could be painted in a cobalt blue to match their colors. Definitely going to give this a try.
  • Eleanor P
    Eleanor P Brooksville, FL
    What a fabulous idea. Love these! Absolutely love the color you used. I keep leftovers in jars....so much nicer than plastic. And the food keeps better also.
  • Lorah Marquardt
    Lorah Marquardt Stevens Point, WI
    Love this idea. I tried it on some cobalt blue bottles and it turned out great. Color comes through but now they are frosted. Beautiful!
  • Tara @ Suburble
    Wow, Ashleigh! These are beautiful!
  • Vesna Gavrilovic
    Loooooooooooovely!!! :)
  • Jennifer Holm
    Jennifer Holm Mountain Home A F B, ID
    Do you just use a paintbrush to get the color on, or a sponge or something else? I am wanting to try this for some of my spice jars (on the outside of course) and am not sure how to go about it. Thank you!
  • Valerie
    Valerie South Africa
    They turned out beautifully. Thanks for sharing how you make 'home-made' modge! Very pleased to have found that information.
  • Jackie Kibler-Lokken
    I am originally from Mountain Home and two of my sisters live there also..This is a great idea! Thanks for sharing.
  • Nellie Denmon
    Nellie Denmon Kilgore, TX
    Nellie says AWESOME
  • Karen
    Karen Australia
    thank you so, so pretty
Ashleigh B