Hometalk.com

10 Comments Displaying 10 of 10 comments
  • Jeff C Broadview Heights, OH
    Interesting. You got that old look but with a new product.
  • That is cool!
  • Susan S Fredericksburg, VA
    Now who in the world thought this up? Sounds like an accidental splash went right!! So you just smear toilet bowl cleaner all over, wait 90 min and rinse then WoLa!!
  • Meridian Road Rupert, ID
    That's all I did! The time might vary depending on the piece, but 90 minutes was plenty of time for this little bucket.
  • Susan S Fredericksburg, VA
    So is it the bleach that causes this reaction? Just for the record, I use the Clorox brand. Do you think that'll work? May have to give it a go just to see!!
  • Cindi A Lewisville, TX
    :) I wish you could see my smile right now. This is so stink'n awesome! Can't wait to try it.
  • Meridian Road Rupert, ID
    Susan, I think it's actually some kind of acid in the cleaner that does it. I don't know if Clorox brand would work or not, but why not try it?
  • Love this...do you have a blog???
  • Marian L Kirkland, WA
    It is most likely the sodium hydroxide in the cleaner aided by the sodium hypochlorite (bleach). You can get this same result by using muriatic acid (formerly known as hydrochloric acid) which is available online and at home stores such as Lowes and Home
  • Linda Stone Inman, SC
    This would be perfect used for a "spilled" bucket of flowers. Turn on its side and have the flowers planted so they look like they have spilled out of the bucket. Very pretty.