Galvanized tub water garden

Decor Ideas 08.24.13

New Feature

Now you can ask questions on every Hometalk post to get more insight and information about your favorite projects!
I used a galvanized wash tub to make a water garden! Just set the potted water plants in the water, anchor them with stones, and fill in with floating water plants. Remember to put in a mosquito dunk every month or so during warm weather! See more at or
  • Galvanized tub water garden ~ see more of my projects and ideas at or

To see more:

• Barb Rosen
    Barb Rosen Wilmington, DE
    Elizabeth - you had me worried, so I looked it up - the striped leaf plant is a water plant, Taro. It is in the colocasia family and can be cultivated in dry or wet conditons.
  • Joan Glowacki
    Joan Glowacki Minonk, IL
    I recognize the elephant ear. What are some of the other plants
  • Barb Rosen
    Barb Rosen Wilmington, DE
    Joan, the plants I used in this tub are Imperial Taro, Dwarf Umbrella Palm, Spider Lily and Four-leaf Clover.
  • Barb Rosen
    Barb Rosen Wilmington, DE
    I see the difference in your pictures, unfortunately did not save the plant labels (started doing that just a couple years ago) and was going by what I remembered the nursery worker calling the plant. Let it suffice to say that whatever the plant is, it
Barb Rosen

Search Feedback

{% slideIn.title() %}

{% slideIn.slide_post().cover_photo.alt %} {% slideIn.slide_post().media_count %}

{% slideIn.slide_post().summary %}

View Post