Hometalk.com

05.21.13

Vegetable garden

Here is my vegetable garden in full swing! The crops in the front of the pic are all my pumpkins, spaghetti squash, melons and cucumbers. Underneath them is mulch that covers a large tarp that I cut holes in to plant the plants. This way I have no weeds or grass growing up and around my vining plants and they are free to grow where they grow!
5 Comments Displaying 5 of 5 comments
  • Dee W Rock Creek, OH
    Your gardens are doing beautifully Julee, will you be freezing or canning come harvesttime?
  • Becky H Tampa, FL
    Smart lady!! Who would wish to weed this bed?
  • Douglas Hunt New Smyrna Beach, FL
    That is one happy vegetable garden.
  • Julee S Bangor, MI
    Hi Dee W. I usually freeze just about everything but my hubby has been pushing for me to learn to can. Freezing is easy. I have a food processor and a vacuum bagger that make it pretty easy. Canning seems like such a mess.
  • Johanna Henscheid Dombo Costa Mesa, CA
    I'm scrolliong through looking for ways to trellis my beans and thought I recognized this garden! ha! I love the decor on top of the trellis... your whole garden is so beautiful!
  • Likes

Vida L Kathy Abc City Farmhouse Sharron W